UAL on U302

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Publisher-

I'm not going to validate your union comment with a true response other than to mention a few things.

Airline unions have done more to increase safety and promote the professional environment of airline crew members than the FAA, CAB, NTSB or any other alphabet group has over the history of civil airline aviation in this country. Show me a large, succesul airline that has a non-union pilot group and I'll show you 10 more union groups smaller in size and resources that have better support and safety systems in place that the non-union group does their best to try to copy.

Put your family on that 747 in a raped and pillaged industry you dream about, that can no longer attract the best and the brightest. I won't cry for your family at their funeral, because it's what you wanted. The lowest bid, at service comensurate with what the market will bear. Eventually though, pay rates will come back up, because supply and demand will take it's natural course. Fewer people are gonna want to do the job for crackers once they find out how demanding it is over the long haul and how many missed life opportunities await while you live at the Hilton on Holidays. And then the market will be where it is today because there won't be 100 people qualified to line up for every job out there. Sure, we'll be better for the experiment though, won't we? We'll have the excitement of getting to re-invent the wheel and make up for years of lost industry experience and professionalism.

Wadda ya gonna do... Bisquick managers.......:confused:

\My outrage

My point is that there is no logic to much of this.

I asked the other day, which of the new problems. insurance, scope, security, fuel, what has directly impacted the ticket price to the passenger by the greatest amount.

The answer was none of them. Ticket prices are not based on logic or costs.

Same point here on wages, they are results of many things. It was not a statement on unions. It was a statement about our industry. It has little with what we could get people to do the job for, supply and demand, size of aircraft, passengers, absolutely nothing.

Latest resources

Back