• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL getting 43 New 777's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But like I said, it is changing around here. A lot of scabs have left and with 1500+ new pilots on property in the last few years the mentality is starting to shift to that of a true unionist-airline once again. But it will still take more time until we get a chance to demonstrate that effectively. I'm not sure the exact number but I think we're down to 300 scabs now... so they're way of thinking is no longer a dominant influence.
Only 300 now, but there were over 2000 at one time. They held the senior positions and had an enormous influence on the next generation of pilots. The captain who VJM right seat with you was former COEX. Not a scab, but learned from them to take care of yourself and throw everyone else under the bus. He learned this from sitting right seat for years. This is the group that has the potential to jeopardize a decent contract (again). Remember the FO this fall who was infuriated that some of the lines across the Atlantic went from DH to IRO? He was hired in the 90s, but was competely out for himself--and proud of it. THAT is the problem. Proud of it. No shame about their selfishness. How dare you touch his 110 hours a month with all the DH he was getting. The bottom third (1500) are the ones who get it as they came from regionals that had better work rules than CAL. They know what is possible and they're pissed off in a good way due to C-scale, no medical, furlough. The top third will never get it. They continually discover new ways to steal from their peers (this year: divorcing to get their lump sum then remarrying same person--stealing from the retirement fund of their fellow pilots). The middle third is the battle ground.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back