UAL Flt 200 + Fox News + TSA BS again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Real Kicker is:

I was told by a Jumpseat Chairman of another airline recently that TSA is trying to get jumpseat approval as part of the off-line jumpseating coming back. Want to guess how many Capt's would welcome those people on the flight deck??? TSA, too-many stupid ASS****s

TSA Jumpseat

Thats just great...booger picking, dope smoking, High School drop outs sitting in the jumpseat...I hope they don't get that one passed.

Weak Captain

The captains who have flown Flt 200 since this began must not be using their heads.

If it were me, such extraordinary additional window dressing without any information given would be more than enough for me to refuse the flight. The Captain (ISC) needs to be included in intel affecting the security of his flight.

FAR 91.3(a)

JD2003 said:
Thats just great...booger picking, dope smoking, High School drop outs sitting in the jumpseat...I hope they don't get that one passed.

That's been rumored for awhile, but don't hold your breath. Remember that the crew has the final word as to who rides the jumpseat. I doubt if many of them would be allowed in the cockpit at all.

I dont ever recall in any agreement that TSA would be allowed to ride the j/s.

TSA...

I dont ever recall in any agreement that TSA would be allowed to ride the j/s.

As I've heard it explained... It isn't in any agreement yet. But, if we want to fast track the CASS system, the TSA wants jumpseat access. I'd rather wait another six months than have those overpaid flunkies sitting behind me.

OK, maybe I'm just a little slow. What possible reason relating to 121 operations is served with a jumpseating TSA weenie? They are not FAA, not Secret Service. There is absolutely no logical reason for them to have access to the jumpseat.

Speaking of the TSA..........
Last month some of these wonders in SEA "suspected" one of our crew members to be under the influence of alcohol. 6 Port police Officers showed up and removed him from the flight to BOS.
After a B.A.C test as well as drug test turned up negative the flight was cancelled due to the delay.
Go ahead, Id like to hear more stories you may have had in dealing with these "security experts"...............

Hey, if they had required retired or former Military, Law Enforcement, Firefighters etc. with some real experience I would maybe feel a little more secure but I highly doubt this to be the case.

Give them access if it fast tracks the process. But it will be a cold day in HE%% before they get a free ride. It is and always will be Cpts Discretion. Maybe if they have something we want like access they will treat the crew members with the respect we deserve, and not assume that every pilot in uniform is Osama's son.

When they ask for a free ride, just say sorry due to hightened security we cant take you along we dont know if you are legit or not. You could be a threat, and we dont know that. Have a nice day

And if you are going to mention 91.3, how about a little 91.11

No person may assault, threaten, intimidate, or interfere with a crewmember in the performance of a crewmember's duties....

Latest resources

Back