• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Firing Spree - ACA, AWAC, MESA???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most likely lose some more flying to Air Wiskey, but we did bring out the true colors of ALPA.

without awac you would be flying for, ummm, no one....

as far as awac getting more airplanes...you're joking right? with a cost structure higher than any carrier out there sans horizon, ain't no way.....

TSA pilot group

Ya, i stand corrected. But there never really was a vote if i remember correctly. Just the MEC telling hulas to shove it. Ahhh the good old days!!!

as far as awac getting more airplanes...you're joking right? with a cost structure higher than any carrier out there sans horizon, ain't no way.....

I believe Dougie would give republic or awac airplanes before us. Even if it costs more, just because he can. All part of the whipsawing process. He has no loyalty to PSA/Piedmont/US Air, hell we have all worked for this company longer than him.

We didn't lose it. We fired UAL from ourselves. Too bad it didn't last.

Thats true. But the point was we both parted ways because our cost structure was too high for United. If Mesa leaves the United system it would be due to their performance and service.

Ahhhh We said "NO" to our management. Name me one airline that has done the same recently? It backfired so to speak, we are not going to get the 900's or experience growth. Most likely lose some more flying to Air Wiskey, but we did bring out the true colors of ALPA. If it isn't management that isn't trying to screw you its Duane Worthless. Shouldn't we have know that all along?

AWAC has turned down concessions multiple times. AWAC management has continually asked for a "B" scale and we have kept telling them no since we're already on "C" scales. So if we did grow with US Air, which I seriously doubt, it would not be because we're undercutting you.

AWAC has turned down concessions multiple times. AWAC management has continually asked for a "B" scale and we have kept telling them no since we're already on "C" scales. So if we did grow with US Air, which I seriously doubt, it would not be because we're undercutting you.

Ya, I never would think that you would undercut us, just that D.P. does weird things, its easy to catch him in a lie because he is just either out of the loop or inconsistant. If one of his cronies told him AWAC would be cheaper he would most likely do it. Not saying he isn't a smart guy, he has people working for him that do the work and he makes the decision. And his decision is all based on the info given to him. The last CLT meeting he said that after PSA No vote, that was it. But it wasn't because our mec was still negotiating with management.

Ya, i stand corrected. But there never really was a vote if i remember correctly. Just the MEC telling hulas to shove it. Ahhh the good old days!!!

To clarify:

75% of the pilot group (eligible voters) voted to not accept a deal to combine the TSA/GoJet list for sub-standard 70 seat pay (i.e. a 75% "NO" vote).

Then the MEC told Mgmt. to "shove it." :D

Latest resources

Back