UAL Economic Recovery Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good analogy...

Now, keeping this direction of dialogue, what exactly has to be done, and what is realistic? Before barriers are put up and kingdoms claimed (sacred goats, etc.), let's hear some ideas.

I think U302 is a great idea for a start. I know UAL ALPA has been said to be against it. What are the barriers to it from those with first hand information?

The infection has a friend - cancer. We need to get rolling on the treatment folks.

my 2 cents

The current situation at UAL reminds me of 5 years ago at another airline. We were losing so much money the rumor going around was the company would be bankrupt in 3- 4 months.
The board put in a new CEO. A guy known for turning around other companys. There was a lot of doubt that things would change. Well the first thing he did was fire almost all of the top and middle managers. He said, " you can't expect to change things if you have the same people running the company, because basically people don't change the way they do things. You have to get new people in management with new ideas. "

I think the same thing needs to happen at UAL. they need to get a CEO with the balls to fire a lot of the top and middle management. As long as we have the same people running the company, things will never change.

Latest resources

Back