Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL cuts capacity 4% Hows Jeff looking now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless I'm mistaken Cal hasn't had a bid reflecting growth anyways. If we dd it was paltry. We recalled for old fart attrition mainly. We are already staffed like a commuter so bring it Smeigel. I won't be bail ur Harvard Law @ss out. But glad to see we are the first and perhaps last 2 shrink with full airplanes.

Yes and CAL"s block hours are protected at 100% United's are only at what 90%.

You think all of that reduction is going to come via RJ?s think again.

"United Continental is in the process of merging those two airlines, giving it a chance to pick and choose which parts of the combined fleet it wants to keep.
Right now it has 354 planes with 50 seats. Planes of that size are out of favor with airlines right now because they spread fuel costs among fewer passengers. According to a filing last month, the company owned 18 of those and leased the rest as of the end of 2010, opening the possibility that it could park planes whose leases expire this year."

I still think that 50 seaters are part of this "consolidated" trimming...

rj are 1/2 the note said, but it doesnt mean they are "parking" them-- they might just fly less-- or in carriers like TSA-- ask usair if they can use them.
i wonder if all the hiring at regionals could eventually become furloughs ..AGAIN.
who knows , all i know is the furlough just got longer b/c i highly doubt the increase in intl flying by a paltry few percent is enough to make them call any furloughees back. i hope this is a fun summer of love 2

Jeff screwed up and pulled the trigger to early to make his crying poor believable.

$104 per barrel with fare increases sticking combined with al a carte fee revenue and synergies of a combine merger is not a threat to a $39B business with strong holds in so many high yield markets.

UAL is fine.

what they did prior to C02. Why try something different when the same 62+ers will come out of the woodwork to keep things status quo. :uzi:

You got that right! These old guys have had it good enough at the expense of everyone else. Problem is this sort of thing is music to their ears. They don't want to be properly staffed. 99% of the guys over 60 fly 90+ hours per month. They feed off the staffing chaos.

We need to address this problem, and our overall stagnation problem and institute a 78-80 hour pay cap. Every old guy sitting at the top of each BES flying like they are trying to build hours is knocking tens of dozens of pilots off the bottom.

Early retirement efforts won't work. Better to try and negotiate a paycap.

Last edited:
Either UAL parks the RJs or we strike. Mainline pilots better not get furloughed on this. It's time for the teens to hit the streets

Can you please elaborate? You guys already have 1,000's of furloughs for years and your RJ flying hasn't decreased. Is there something else that has changed?

It's crap to have your brothers on the street while the RJ's are flying your routes. I hope you DO have success.

Gup

CAL's entire training department is over 60.

Nobody has discussed the new Flight and Duty regulations getting ready to go into effect. July 2011 is the US Congress' deadline for the FAA to act.

And all UAL furloughs will be recalled even if all 39 of the 737-500's and the 26 of the 747's are parked.

Maybe Jeff is going to park aircraft to keep his skeleton staffing in line with the new Flight and Duty regulations without hiring off the street?

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate? You guys already have 1,000's of furloughs for years and your RJ flying hasn't decreased. Is there something else that has changed?

It's crap to have your brothers on the street while the RJ's are flying your routes. I hope you DO have success.

Gup

We have just under 1500 total furloughs. Based on recent recalling, I would say only half of those are going to be available/willing to come back.

Additionally, the post does indicate half of the affected flights will be RJs.

Latest resources

Back