• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL cuts 1100 jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight attendants, MX, ramp, cleaners, dispatch...ect. There are tons of union positions...our lines are built to 90 hours plus for the pilots...decrease those hours some and it may save pilot jobs if they are going to cut those positions.

Not to digress but could someone post about 3 different lines for the 737 and Airbus from the best to the worst and one in between? Just curious.

UAL ALPA, for the love of pete, PLEASE SEND OUT A LOSS OF CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR TILTON, AND HIS LACKEYS THAT GAVE OUT HUGE BONUSES TO THEMSELVES IN UAL'S WORST PERFORMANCE. THEY ARE GOING TO RUN UAL INTO THE GROUND AND GET SOME PARACHUTE.

Loss of confidence vote...we did this at another carrier that I was at....accomplished NOTHING.

Any estimates on how many pilots could be impacted? I have a buddy who started there a few months ago and he is LOW on the seniority list.

Just got a call from Management today and they said there were not any pilot furloughs announced. Said to expect a full summer schedule. They are trying their best to not have pilots furloughed.

I'm hoping furlough's will be avoided. Lineholders are awarded 90 hour lines, and we still seem to be short pilots.

I too got the call from the CP and he said basically that they are going to do everything to avoid furloughs; Leave of absence's, perhaps early retirements with buyouts, lower line values, etc. Flying continues through summer with parking of the 500's starting in September.

Wow. What are the odds? He started there a few months ago AND he is low on the seniority list?

That almost never happens ...

:rolleyes:

Come on, Chef

Stop picking on people who just don't seem to have a good grasp of the obvious.

PD

I'm hoping furlough's will be avoided. Lineholders are awarded 90 hour lines, and we still seem to be short pilots.

I too got the call from the CP and he said basically that they are going to do everything to avoid furloughs; Leave of absence's, perhaps early retirements with buyouts, lower line values, etc. Flying continues through summer with parking of the 500's starting in September.

They are going to do everything to avoid pilot furloughs--UNTIL AFTER THE SUMMER SCHEDULE! Book it!

Latest resources

Back