UAL Captain Arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboy

I used to work with this guy and never had a clue. He was an A320 Captain. I guess that's one way to end a career.

March 17, 2004

Clinton-area man charged with child exploitation

Teenagers allegedly videotaped having sex at suspect's home
By Jeremy Hudson
[email protected]

With four big-screen televisions, high-end stereo and video equipment, a swimming pool and beer kegs, Charles "Chuck" Perry had a cabaret-like atmosphere at his home just outside Clinton, officials say.

An electrified fence surrounds Chuck Perry's home on Lifer Road near Clinton. Perry, a United Airlines pilot, turned himself in Friday to the Hinds County Sheriff's Department and was charged with child exploitation. An electric gate and security cameras also protect the property.

It was in that house — over the past 10 years — high school students have been able to find drugs, have sex and drink as much beer as they could handle, Hinds County Sheriff Malcolm McMillin said.

But the party may be over now that Perry, a 49-year-old United Airlines pilot, has been arrested and charged with child exploitation for allegedly videotaping and directing two Clinton teen-agers having sex, McMillin said. Investigators were led to Perry after finding his telephone number stored in the cellular phone of a teenager who was being questioned for a reason that authorities would not reveal.

Perry turned himself in Friday and is now free on $50,000 bond.

His attorney, Tom Royals, said he has not seen any evidence and would not discuss details of the case. "We're sorry that law enforcement has, though," Royals said. "We thought the rule of not trying people in the media applied to everyone."

Deputies recently served a search warrant at Perry's home, 1 Lifer Road, but were unable to find the videotape.

"But we do have witnesses who state they have viewed the tape," McMillin said. "They said they were shown the tape by (Perry). And we have an admission by the participants in the tape itself, with them saying they were aware that the tape was being made."

Deputies found a large number of photographs of teenagers partying with Perry, who is not married. Capt. Henry Glaze said investigators took the photos to area schools, where teachers and other personnel were able to identify the teenagers. Some of the photos were taken as long ago as 10 years , Glaze said.

"Kids would just kind of show up over there whenever it was convenient," Glaze said. "Most of the parties were in the summer and on weekends, we feel like. With the pool table and beer coolers, it is like the local pub.

"Drugs were available at the house a good portion of the time, but we don't feel like he was selling. But they were available to kids."

After learning the identities of some of the teenagers, investigators contacted their parents, McMillin said. "Many declined to cooperate or to encourage their children to cooperate, which is very frustrating," he said. "The parents are more concerned about the embarrassment of having their child involved than about helping us make sure this doesn't happen to more children."

I think if the guy was providing drugs to the school kids, he should hang.

As far as the beer thing goes. It's against the law to provide alcohol to minors. That's that. However, I do get a kick out of the fact that when a MINOR commits a crime, they try to get that sucker tried as an ADULT. So it seems kind of funny that they are flinging the word CHILDREN around like this guy was molesting babies or something.

After all, weren't them bastages that went into the Columbine high school and shot it up...CHILDREN?

Before you get me wrong on this thing...high school kids drink, they screw, they smoke weed and all that garbage. They can also join the service at age 17, tote an M-249 to kill a commie for mommie, but they can't have a drink. But if you are 16 or 12, and make an ass out of yourself and whack somebody, they want to drag your ass into adult court and prosecute you as an adult.

In the inverse, here are some innocent (?) children that would have never done drugs or drank or screwed, if this guy wouldn't have facilitated it. Yea, right.

Isn't it funny...where were the freaking parents? That's who should be going to jail along with this pilot.

Holy crap. I knew this guy.... :eek: Used to non-rev on DL when I worked Gates/Counter 8 years ago.

LOL

Lifer Road in Clinton....

Latest resources

Back