• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So instead of an actual arbitrator, the PEB recommendation is the arbitration with the caveat of "take it, or take your chances with a strike." Regardless, the strike vote is a negotiating tool that should have been used some time ago. But I agree, we all have to be prepared for this to get very ugly....

I find it very hard to believe that this would go to an arbitrator. The thing for the company is, with an airline this size it is extremely difficult to get released. However, if we do get released to strike it would take an absolutely MASSIVE number of pilots to cross to be able to fly anything remotely close to our current schedule. Quite honestly, they don't have the simulators necessary to train the number of SCABS it would take to staff the airline with the amount of money they would lose per day.

The company is banking on us never getting released. No chest thumping, but I just can't see a strike lasting that long.

Of course, I can live off my wife, so the strike vote isn't that fearsome a prospect for me.

Eagles, you need to review the process. Yes, we will end up before a PEB. That's just a delaying action. In the event we get that far, we are under no obligation to submit to arbitration. Yes, the company can impose a new contract at that point. Good luck to them, because that's the same point at which we are free to strike.

Honest question here -- Can the President setup multiple PEBs for the same strike? In other words, after the 60 days, when the fight's on again, can he issue a second PEB, delaying it a second time?

QT, do you have any legal insights to that scenario?

Latest resources

Back