Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL Strike Vote 99% In Favor (94% Voted)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have no idea what is going on at the table. In fact, you wouldn't understand it.

Flop,

You're absolutely right--we (or at least -I-, since I don't speak for anyone else) don't uunderstand what is going on at your table. And with all sincerity, I wish you luck getting an improved contract you can live with. The point that we're making is that you won't get to any cooling-off period until after November. No matter what. Obama's NRB will not put him in a position where he would have to issue a PEB until after the election is decided in November. They won't let him look bad to labor before then. He won't allow you to actually strike either, because it would hurt the economy too much and doom his reelection chances. This has nothing to do with United, or any other airline, for that matter--it's pure politics.

Now after the election, he MAY do what he wants because it won't matter anymore, at least to any reelection hopes. If that's the case, then at that point, you'll have your cooling-off period, the PEB, and whatever else it takes to get your business done.

I actually suspect the NRB will stall and stall as long as it can (election notwhithstanding), if not indefinitely, because no matter when President Obama (assuming he gets reelected) acts to stop a strike at United--and I'm sure he will--it'll make him look bad as one of the most liberal presidents in generations who emasculated a labor union by taking away their prime leverage. Even though he won't have to worry about getting reelected anymore, alienating labor would hurt his ability to get anything else done during his presidency. Like I said, politics at its finest.

Bubba

Bubba: I disagree. That is to say, I don't think the chances of release are zero. All the ingredients are in place for something to happen. I'll put it this way: If the NMB leaves us in limbo, bad things are going to happen. We're going to get a contract or we're going to court. I don't know which court it will be, but it WILL be before the election.

Bubba: I disagree. That is to say, I don't think the chances of release are zero. All the ingredients are in place for something to happen. I'll put it this way: If the NMB leaves us in limbo, bad things are going to happen. We're going to get a contract or we're going to court. I don't know which court it will be, but it WILL be before the election.

Flop,

I think most of us are saying good luck here, and hope you move the bar up. I don't see the NMB doing anything. They have a history of listening to both sides, then saying 'go back and negotiate'. And they will keep saying it again and again until the cows come home.

If you have a second option of going to court, then that might be the route you might have to take.

Your right that I don't have a clue with what's going on behind the scenes, but I still hope it works out for you guys.

I am proud to be part of the 1% on this day. Never forget the saying "some people just like to watch the world burn because they can". Luckily the NMB won't release us anyway as long as we stick to 50 seat only scope. There are a lot of angry people here who just want to watch the company burn which is their right but their wish will not be fulfilled until we get realistic on scope.

I don't want to see the world burn, but I would like to see a youtube video of you burning like a Vietnamese Buddhist monk protesting the war though.....
http://youtu.be/E37cMtCrKoA
Burn Baby Burn....
POS

Last edited:
I know you have such vile hatred of people who disagree with you PBR yet I do not hate you. I do wish you well, maybe if you guys are really nice you can extend your contracts with Delta/United. I know you do not act so unclassy in front of your passengers. Your company is one screw up away from loosing all of your contracts so all I can say is tread lightly. Both of your partners are looking for any excuse they can to drop you on your butts.

I am proud to be part of the 1% on this day. Never forget the saying "some people just like to watch the world burn because they can". Luckily the NMB won't release us anyway as long as we stick to 50 seat only scope. There are a lot of angry people here who just want to watch the company burn which is their right but their wish will not be fulfilled until we get realistic on scope.

I see your problem. You're not informed. We've been realistic on everything. You need to talk to a rep.

50 seat only scope is unrealistic. If we can simply take Delta pay, cap scope at a hard number while allowing a few more 70-76 seaters then we can rule the world. Until then we will be US Airways part deux

50 seat only scope is unrealistic. If we can simply take Delta pay, cap scope at a hard number while allowing a few more 70-76 seaters then we can rule the world. Until then we will be US Airways part deux

Guess what numbnut, Jeffery hasn't even touched offering anything like that! You are the 1%. Congrats! You are in a quality group that includes a scab I know who still lives with his mother after 57 years.

Latest resources

Back