• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL Contract 2015

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's more like 'the pilots result in their lack of appetite to stand up' in fear that others might step over the picket line and take their place if they do opt to take the the stand..

I think here at CAL (and UAL) there are too many very, very pissed off pilots (that i have flown with on daily basis) that that fear doesn't really matter as much anymore. A lot of people have had enough of BS here.

I'm standing by, ready..
Bring it on

A lot of people have had enough of BS here.

A lot may have, but walking through the airports it's sometimes hard to find anyone wearing an ALPA pin. It's hard to figure out exactly what's going on. CAL pilots are gearing up for the most important moment of the rest of their careers and the silent majority seem to have checked out of the hotel.

Last edited:
Yeah, because most pilots, if they're not flying, are only intellectually capable of working at Walmart....

If we lose our battle with scope, we may as well burn it down. We have the RJ's literally putting thousands of airline pilots either on the street or being massively underemployed .....QUOTE]

What qualifies someone to be worthy of the title 'airline pilot'? I'm qualified on an 85000 pound jet making six figures. Am I an 'airline pilot'?

Cheers,
Scott
I and many have been furloughed twice and don't fly any more(not by choice) are we, "are airline pilots?"

Yeah, because most pilots, if they're not flying, are only intellectually capable of working at Walmart....

If we lose our battle with scope, we may as well burn it down. We have the RJ's literally putting thousands of airline pilots either on the street or being massively underemployed .....QUOTE]

What qualifies someone to be worthy of the title 'airline pilot'? I'm qualified on an 85000 pound jet making six figures. Am I an 'airline pilot'?

Cheers,
Scott

Scott,

If you would rather be qualified on something 5 times that amount making 2.5 times the money, then join the fight. If not, then your post is irrelevant here, because that is what this discussion is about. What are you going to say to the guy who takes your job because he says he will be happy to be qualified flying an 85,000 lb jet for half your pay? That is the point here. I don't know why all the regional guys are taking this as an attack. You are outsourced, and can be gone or replaced with the stroke of a pen. Why wouldn't we want the flying back at mainline? Because it is your job? I don't think so. You were just hired for a period of time defined in a contract to fly someone else's passengers. Period.

Cheers.

Scott,

If you would rather be qualified on something 5 times that amount making 2.5 times the money, then join the fight. If not, then your post is irrelevant here, because that is what this discussion is about. What are you going to say to the guy who takes your job because he says he will be happy to be qualified flying an 85,000 lb jet for half your pay? That is the point here. I don't know why all the regional guys are taking this as an attack. You are outsourced, and can be gone or replaced with the stroke of a pen. Why wouldn't we want the flying back at mainline? Because it is your job? I don't think so. You were just hired for a period of time defined in a contract to fly someone else's passengers. Period.

Cheers.

Excellent post!

Latest resources

Back