• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL bird saved by the USAF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How come the pilot's didn't notice the excessive fuel usage. Didn't they check the fuel qty indicators? I thought paying pilots a good salary was supposed to prevent stuff like this?

I thought paying pilots a good salary was supposed to prevent stuff like this?
You gotta pay them the "good salary" first. UAL pilots were B. Madoffed(by their own company) before Bernie was even getting started.
Nice try though!
PBR

Your not doing your job unless you take input from the back of the airplane seriously.

We were taxing out of Houston and the FA calls up front and says that a passenger is hearing a weird noise from over the wing..where his seat was. He said the "flappy things" on the top of things were also just going up and down. Well, they were and they were not supposed to be. Our taxi speed would have kept them closed and it was happening so fast, the indication in the cockpit was moving so fast, it did not trigger a message. We taxied a little further and stop in the run up area..as soon as we stopped, we get an EICAS message. We called MX and they advised us to taxi back. When we got back to the gate, I went back and thanked the guy. He said he did not initially want to bother us but has flown with us quite a bit and never heard or seen that before. I am not saying he saved the airplane and her occupants, but he prevented an interesting situation.

Never discount those in the back...

This didn't give you a config warning or some other indication, prior?

This didn't give you a config warning or some other indication, prior?
" the indication in the cockpit was moving so fast, it did not trigger a message."

The open/close message is very small and since they were only partially deploying and retracting so quickly, we did not see it...plus we were taxing...heads out and all. We asked MX about this and he could not explain why a config message was not presented.

Good on the Airman. Flying will always be a team sport whether it is the qualified crew or those who happen to be paying for the ride.

Latest resources

Back