• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL bird saved by the USAF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My thoughs........what was the name of the owner of SFO? Secondly, I hear pax jibberish every day. If they didn't ID themselves to the FA I can see why the FA would have second guessed them. Agreeing w/some other posts, why didn't the pilots see they were grossly under FOB by the time they got to SFO, and what did the owner of SFO have to say to them when they landed? Sorry, had to laugh at the "owner" quote in the article. Just the usual news getting it wrong as always :)

I was on a 76 or a 75 out of SFO one day. Some commuter captain, taxiing by the plane came up on ground freq, (I was monitoring the cockpit comms), and announced to the pilots the plane had a big opening, like a big hole, in the back of the plane in the fuselage. They were concerned of course and so we left our position in line for a further inspection. The smart CA figures out what is going on and announces, "is the hole closed now?" Why yes, yes it is, was the reply from the commuter. Turns out it was simply the outflow valve -- open on the ground. Doh!

Latest resources

Back