Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL-ALPA Pilots to pay $44M to settle over screwjob of their members.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing criminal was the way YOUR generation not only f'ed up the profession but our country. Btw, how many of the plaintiffs are scabs? I bet a lot. Instead of baby boomers, you ******************************bags should be referred to as the "I got mine and now I want yours" generation.

No. UAL gave the money, $550M, to ALPA and said to divide it up fairly. The current lawsuit affirms that the ALPA junior pukes who were in a position of leadership, in effect, stole between $44M and $200M from the senior pilots who were retiring, mostly all at age-60, and gave that money to the more junior pilots. The age-60 retirees were leaving with no more than what PBGC was providing. The fact is that their pensions were stolen by their own union (ALPA) leadership.

Is this why ALPA is despised by so many pilots?

Those greedy junior pukes have cost ALPA $44 million by their misconduct. Possible criminal charges may follow. I hope so!

Last edited:
The only thing criminal was the way YOUR generation not only f'ed up the profession but our country. Btw, how many of the plaintiffs are scabs? I bet a lot. Instead of baby boomers, you ******************************bags should be referred to as the "I got mine and now I want yours" generation.

Get your facts straight. Every person cheated was a participant in the award, a few may be scabs just like the rest of the pilot group at UAL. All named and listed plaintiffs were 'Battle Star" awarded ALPA members and some were prior ALPA officers. Personally I walked the line to save the jobs of the "get out of my seat crowd." You are welcome; but, some thanks, stealing my retirement. Well, my position was affirmed by the settlement, modern day ALPA is run by crooks. This $44M settlement was the largest ever against a union. ALPA can now claim to be the most dishonest union in history, with the biggest crooks. The Teamsters are way behind.

All this dishonesty and yet you seem to think it's OK. You must be an ALPA officer. Right?

Why ALPA has not been voted off at United is beyond me.

M

No. UAL gave the money, $550M, to ALPA and said to divide it up fairly. The current lawsuit affirms that the ALPA junior pukes who were in a position of leadership, in effect, stole between $44M and $200M from the senior pilots who were retiring, mostly all at age-60, and gave that money to the more junior pilots. The age-60 retirees were leaving with no more than what PBGC was providing. The fact is that their pensions were stolen by their own union (ALPA) leadership.

Those greedy junior pukes have cost ALPA $44 million by their misconduct. Possible criminal charges may follow. I hope so!

From a $65,000+,Junior Puke...YOUR WELCOME! The best part was quitting a few months later

Oh for God's sake flyer, give it a rest. Nobody stole anything from anyone, except in your own head. The democratic process was followed, a group of senior guys didn't like the result, so you sued, and that's the long and short of it. "Giving it the junior guys" meant that guys other than the "senior guys" got money and your group didn't like that, so you sued. Their pensions were not stolen by ALPA- they were seized by the PBGC on December 31, 2004. You would have lost your pension AND not had 550M to fight over had an ALPA hired adviser not devised the idea of floating that bond in the first place. You're MF'ing the very organization that gave you 550M to fight over.

You guys decided to settle. You could have taken it all the way if you wanted, but you chose not to, so that hardly affirms anything. If "criminal activity" had truly taken place, you wouldn't have settled for a fraction of what you all were seeking, so you can stop with the drama. Neil followed council direction (which was MY council by the way), so why you single him out is beyond me.

Neil followed council direction (which was MY council by the way), so why you single him out is beyond me.

You should have heard Neil's deposition. He completely cracked when he had to tell the truth. That's what cost ALPO the farm.

Just think of the gravity of ALPO agreeing to pay $44M for their wrongdoing for fear of the greater loss if the full amount would have to be paid. Also, Neil's depo would have been read publicly and he would have had to testify too. He was a terrible witness for ALPO. The truth to be spoken in public court was just too scary so they agreed to pay $44M.

And you really think this was a fair way to distribute the cash. No, it was stealing, just as it appears. The method of distribution was a railroad job that even you and the rest of the membership didn't understand. The membership did nothing wrong, it was ALPO that did what it could behind closed doors that was discovered here. ALPO has lost all credibility to all the membership. Besides stealing the cash from the pilots who were approaching age-60, that same union did everything they could to get them out the door, rather than try to keep their jobs. Yes, I'm reminding you of ALPO's (and Neil's) position on age-60: "Get out of my seat old man." What kind of union is that? ALPO was doing what it could to get rid of the most senior members who had paid the most dues. No other union would ever do anything like that, only ALPO.

In the end, it's not the money that counts; yes, $44M is nice, but it's the truth about ALPO that's important for everyone to know.

Trust me, I don't even think about this any more except for now since the settlement is finalized. I'm just going back to my good natured loveable self. I'm just glad I'm gone from airline work, away from the problems of dealing with ALPO, Neil, the TSA, TK, FAA, MD, EXO/WHQ, etc. That stuff really builds on you and you don't even realize it.

I do wish you and all the UAL pilots (even Neal) the best.

I will have no more comments on this subject.

Last edited:
Does anyone think ALPA will be able to recoup the $44 Million from UAL? It seems like it would be a tough sell to the court that UAL agreed to pay for a mistake it had no part in.

Latest resources

Back