UAL 777 @ spruce creek

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$$$4nothin said:
He did not loose his job. It was his last flight prior to retireing. He had the company CEO and other important people on the plane. I don't know where you heard he was fired, but you are wrong.

I do remember quite a few news reports at the time that seemed to suggest that he was in hot water and that AA denied that they knew anything about the "fly-over".

what a cool legacy to leave...consequences would be much great in this day and age (unfortunately).

If it was an unauthorized fly by, what a $hitty thing to do to your FO.... unless it was the FO's last flight too before retirement. Then it's pretty cool.

Carl_Spackler said:
If it was an unauthorized fly by, what a $hitty thing to do to your FO.... unless it was the FO's last flight too before retirement. Then it's pretty cool.

I had also heard daytona approach cleared him for it.

Similar story- wasn't there a Northwest 747 captain who was retiring, and arranged to have some friends of his in a B-17 or B-24 form up on his wingtip coming into MSP? If I recall, he had verbal authorization from the POI or someone in the FSDO, but when the rest of the FAA found out about it, they went absolutely nuts. I wonder if any pictures exist?

That AA flyby is cool, and any of the doppshats at Spruce Qweek got upset about it, they should have turned on their hand helds. Derrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love spruce creek. Those old farts in their warbirds climbing like bats out of hell have almost only killed me 2x :D

Metro752 said:
That AA flyby is cool, and any of the doppshats at Spruce Qweek got upset about it, they should have turned on their hand helds. Derrrrrrrrrrrr.

I love spruce creek. Those old farts in their warbirds climbing like bats out of hell have almost only killed me 2x :D
only twice? jeez. you must not fly around there very often. on the weekends you will see them lined up 10 deep to take off. nothing more dangerous than a 75 year old in a high perf retract. before the altimeter reads 10 feet those gear are up!!!

cforst513 said:
only twice? jeez. you must not fly around there very often. on the weekends you will see them lined up 10 deep to take off. nothing more dangerous than a 75 year old in a high perf retract. before the altimeter reads 10 feet those gear are up!!!

Hey man you gotta impress those hot GILFS

Latest resources

Back