Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Isn't that cabotage?

It's not cabotage unless someone got off the plane in Sydney. Airlines sometimes serve multiple markets in a foreign country by using the same aircraft for both markets. It's not cabotage unless passengers enplane at the first airport and deplane at the second, without continuing on to the home country.
Airlines can carry passengers internally this way (called "Fifth Freedom" rights) only if they have an agreement with the host country to do it. Typically, Australia wouldn't allow it unless Qantas was also allowed to do the same thing in the US. Currently we prohibit that, for good reason.

http://ostpxweb.dot.gov/aviation/Data/freedoms.htm

Man, I hate it when I have to make a phone call like that.

"Hello, Boss, listen, I'm going to be a little late"

lol yeah they would never allow UAL to do it out here. I wish they would. It would make for a much more competitive market structure. currently the government really protects Qantas, even trying to nail virgin over a few things. But the reality is that if Qantas had to compete with professional airlines it would lose and I dont mean compete on price.

Their service is shoddy and terrible, aircraft are getting on and their FA's are old and ugly.

Before I started flying as a commercial passenger I thought that price was the sole determinant of what made a good airline, that is SOOOO not the case. I would much rather pay a reasonable amount for a decent seat on a newer aircraft with friendly, proffesional staff and decent food. I hate to say it but $60.00 fares have been killed the glamour of flying. I hate sharing an aisle with a stinky, singlet wearing, flip flop wearing drunk lol :)

What ever happened to dress standards?>???? and behaviour standards??? lol

anyway I say bring back some class to flying :)

just my 2 cents

typhoonpilot said:
It is very difficult to judge where the wing tip is tracking because you can't look back and see it. I have a guide that I use in the 777, but I'm not sure what the 747 drivers use. Most international airports are set up for the larger wingspans and turn radii of widebodys.
Typhoonpilot

You can see the wingtip and even the outboard engine from the cockpit of the 744. Looks like a UAL captain will have some explaning to do

Latest resources

Back