• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA To Expand Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Counting the 757's which pay the same as the 767's has 100 more wide bodies already. Not a merger of equals.

Yes mee lord! Thank ye for saving my puny estate from certain starvation with yer magical double wide carts. :rolleyes:

Btw, those 1300 jobs came from somewhere. Nice to see they've managed to dump 200 employees. Good synergizing Jeff! Just thinking about how many overpaid pompous pilots he can synergize if we cave on scope...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7605764.html

Last edited:
Yes mee lord! Thank ye for saving my puny estate from certain starvation with yer magical double wide carts. :rolleyes:

Btw, those 1300 jobs came from somewhere. Nice to see they've managed to dump 200 employees. Good synergizing Jeff! Just thinking about how many overpaid pompous pilots he can synergize if we cave on scope...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7605764.html

You'll get no arguement from me on scope. We can not cave.

Counting the 757's which pay the same as the 767's has 100 more wide bodies already. Not a merger of equals.

Since you're headed down that road, yeah all those CAL 737-800/900s along with the 757s pay more than the 757/767 widebodies at UAL. Our small 737s pay more than the Airbuses. Our 767s pay more than your 777s and lauded 747s. Same with the 777.

You're right, not a merger of equals.

What's really pathetic is SWA flies small 737s for more than anything in our fleet, including the 777 and 747.

Since you're headed down that road, yeah all those CAL 737-800/900s along with the 757s pay more than the 757/767 widebodies at UAL. Our small 737s pay more than the Airbuses. Our 767s pay more than your 777s and lauded 747s. Same with the 777.

You're right, not a merger of equals.

What's really pathetic is SWA flies small 737s for more than anything in our fleet, including the 777 and 747.

Past performance does not gaurantee future results. Our pay will become equal and we still will bring more widebodies.

As to your last point Jeff S was quoted as telling some of our crews the company couldn't give huge payraises as we have to be able to compete with the LCC's. The crews response was they agreed and would settle for SW pay rates and scope.

The only problem with that is CAL is receiving 25 new airplanes next year (4 this year). United is receiving ZERO new planes.[/QUO

Oh well, let them hire new hires and the UAL pilots on lay off can be new hires with CAL seniority.

When all is done UAL will call them on their side and they can decide.

Then merge relative seniority.

The only problem with that is CAL is receiving 25 new airplanes next year (4 this year). United is receiving ZERO new planes.[/QUO

Oh well, let them hire new hires and the UAL pilots on lay off can be new hires with CAL seniority.

Now would that be fair to the CAL folks? They would have a natural relative seniority at their company and then lose that relative seniority to the other side! Now if they keep that relative seniority, the furloughs would get stapled anyway!

Unfortunately for the furloughees, the decrepited fossil running flight ops is going to do everything he can to not recall UAL guys to CAL list. As long as he as Contract '02, CAL staffing will remain ludicrously thin. Growth from deliveries will be frittered away by parking 762's and 735's. And I will bet my first born that Jefferey is looking to park UAL 757's next. Retirements remain a wild card. In the end we are all going to be disappointed with movement. Wish I could be more positive, but management aims to disappoint around here.

Unfortunately for the furloughees, the decrepited fossil running flight ops is going to do everything he can to not recall UAL guys to CAL list. As long as he as Contract '02, CAL staffing will remain ludicrously thin. Growth from deliveries will be frittered away by parking 762's and 735's. And I will bet my first born that Jefferey is looking to park UAL 757's next. Retirements remain a wild card. In the end we are all going to be disappointed with movement. Wish I could be more positive, but management aims to disappoint around here.

This is spot on to what I envision happening as well... They'll run super thin through the summer like they always do and JM 'til the sheep come home, and then when Sept. rolls around and they cut 4% of our block hours, we'll be right back on our laughable staffing target as we shed more 735/762's. Swizzlestick will start shedding UAL 757's next (i.e. no UAL recalls)... just watch.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back