• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA Flt Hits Severe Turbulence; 30 Injured

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give me a break!! these guys are not new hires, they know how to use a radar. Now days your talking about 40 + yrs in that cockpit!! just bad luck!

I just said I doubt that is what happen! Just hoping a few Regional drivers read this and reconsidered looking over their radar manuals. After all I do commute 95% of the time on regional flights in crappy weather!

Last edited:
According to passenger accounts, the crew turned on the fasten seatbelt signs. Therefore, the passengers that could not follow those simple instructions, should face criminal charges for the destruction of the aircraft and possible personal injury fellow passengers. It's those types of people that mandate that the federal government create laws with severe penalties, because they are too stupid to follow directions.

We can all learn something from incidents like this...especially the regional topguns. The point to be taken is if you spend +20 years as an airline captain, you're going to experience severe turbulance at some point. It's how you react to it that matters. Flying into an airport with heavy TS last week with an RJ in tow. We made it in, but they had to abort their attempt to the approach. The level of stress and anxiety in the pilots voice was one step away from declaring an emergency. Granted, the wx wasn't forecast ..and it was BAD...so they made the right choice.

Thank God. Someone with a little common sense speaks up!!

Latest resources

Back