• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways bids 8 Billion to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really don't think the Government will approve this anyway! I would have figured US Airways would have went for Northwest or Alaska!
Kinda funny that they went right for the Big Boy!!!! Too Funny!!!

Who's not interested? Who represents Delta? The "leadership" of a money-hemorrhaging bankrupt company has no say.

Delta's creditors ARE interested, and they are the ones who will make the decision.

True, Delta's creditors will decided when the Cash is brought in and thrown in there faces!! This will be a hostile takeover attempt by US Airways!

Still, I dont see government approval on this!

Who's not interested? Who represents Delta? The "leadership" of a money-hemorrhaging bankrupt company has no say.

Delta's creditors ARE interested, and they are the ones who will make the decision.

Whoa! Easy there big fella, I'm just repeating what I heard on the news!

The report said "Delta Management has rejected the offer, stating that they have intended all along to emerge from bankruptcy as an unmerged carrier".

But I agree with you that management really doesn't have a say. If the creditors cash out, we'll be looking at a hostile takeover.

And yes, it will be a bloodbath at the regionals.

Either LGA or JFK will have to be given up; they won't let the combined airline keep both. DCA would also have to be integrated. Maybe no more parking at "the world"?

I don't think any love would be lost if Airways halved the operation in PHL.

They have no common fleet type other than the 756. There is the 737, but I think Delta is down to only -800s now instead of Airways' -300/400s. Delta is all Boeing/Douglas (with 777s and 738s on order) and Airways has a ton of Airbusses.

Odd, very odd...but in no ways uncalculated on Dougie's part.

True, Delta's creditors will decided when the Cash is brought in and thrown in there faces!! This will be a hostile takeover attempt by US Airways!

Still, I dont see government approval on this!

I have to disagree. It's my opinion that regardless of the former USAir/UAL pre 911 merger attempt, the government would welcome this.

Latest resources

Back