Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
Hey all, I'm relocating and in the process of negotiating it's terms. My question is what are the relocation terms for pilots of Fortune 300 companies? I'm treading new grounds and just want what is fair and equitable for me. My company has no such written policy.

Tailwinds...

long term employee or new hire? it makes a diff.

you could get the obvious like the actual moving cost , plus the expenses of selling old house (loan pts,real estate fees,lawyers etc), multiple trips for you and spouse to new location to house hunt. temp housing in new loc is possible. these are fairly typical. time off to move (not vac).

long term empl could possibly get mort assistance if going to more exp area. extra cash (months pay) to help with expenses. a buyout option on old house.

all the afformentioned are usually spelled out in a co policy and are also somewhat negotiable. :)

pm me for more detailed personal experience

sempfi

Last edited:
I've never worked at a Fortune 300 company, so I can't help with that.

However, I did negotiate moving expenses with a charter company. They paid for a moving service to move my household belongings approximately 2000 miles, plus they shipped my car. They also paid airfare for the move as well as two nights' hotel (one night in both cities). I didn't get meals.

There was no written policy at this company either, but the person that hired me wasn't an aviation person - he was management of the parent company. So it was easier to do since he was accustomed to negotiating these items for employees of the parent company. Also, it was his idea.

I'm sure you could do much better as this was just a charter company, but hope it helps anyway.

Relocation

I have relocated three times now. In all but one (because I had already sold my house) the companies have paid the realtor fees and other fees associated with selling a house and then paid closing costs plus 1 pt towards closing costs. They also paid for a moving company (be careful who they use - Graebel does a great job in my opinion - I've used them twice) to come and pack the house then load then move it to the new location. Temporary storage is generally provided for 30 days for your houshold goods. I was usually given up to 90 days (for me) temporary housing prior to my family coming (covers long term hotel, food, laundry, etc) once I started the new job. They also would have paid for me to go back to my family on the weekend occasionally until they came to the new location. Then when my family came we had two weeks of temp living expenses. On one occasion I received a signing bonus of about $5000, on the the other two I recieved a misc expense allowance (1 months salary in one case after the move and the other was $2000 just as soon as I started and filled out the paper work). Of all my moves...only 1 was a "fortune" company and they were in the top 125. Hope this helps!

Happy contrails!

Latest resources

Back