Typical NJI tour

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

need2fly

What does a typical 7 day tour with NJI look like? Is there such as thing as "typical"? I have a good understanding of what the NJA tour looks like, I was just hoping to get a feel for the differences.

I am guessing it is a mix of domestic and internatioal operations.

TIA

Day One:

I wake up around 9:30am; make sure the pool and lawn care services are outside working. Then I check my stocks (on my new Mac Book, which I highly recommend) while sipping a hot cup of freshly ground Sumatra coffee, which Lolita prepares for us every morning. After a workout in my gym or a round of golf at the club, (I live on the 18th fairway and usually just walk out on the course) I have a quick salad and check my stocks again. Some time around 1pm or so I check my emails and see what trips I’ve been offered. I always get at least 5 international and 5 domestic trips to choose from (if there aren’t any trips I like, I just call in and have one custom built for me). After checking the weather and local what-to-do websites for the potential trips I let my company handler know what I’ve decided and what flight I want to be booked on.

Karl, our Butler/Cook/Driver (I cant afford 3 people on my paltry salary) usually has my bags packed quickly after returning home from picking up the children at private school. The family usually has a quick swim in the pool, weather permitting of course (unless its winter, then we use the indoor pool) before dinner.

At 6:30pm, Karl runs me over to the airport to catch my flight to ATL. I usually airline to Europe and always catch the last flight.

End of Day One. Care to hear about Day Two?

Not my question. But if day two consists of you sitting by the pool in a diamond studded speedo, then no.

If you want to tell us about your flying schedule I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Schedule varies by fleet type - G450 would be different than G550.

I would suggest you look at www.flightaware.com - click on aircraft type and then type GLF4 or GLF5 into the small box at the top and you can then look for various flight numbers ending in QS. Click on those flight numbers. It is also possible to see where those aircraft have been over the past week or so (look at the bottom and press on "more flights"). Obviously you will find a broad mix of short-haul and longer-haul flights. As an example, I saw a QS GV flying nonstop from St. Augustine, FL to Oblia, Italy last week.

If you want real variety, NJI would provide that.

What does a typical 7 day tour with NJI look like? Is there such as thing as "typical"? I have a good understanding of what the NJA tour looks like, I was just hoping to get a feel for the differences.

I am guessing it is a mix of domestic and internatioal operations.

TIA
Typically airline to plane on first day - and home on day 7; fly 3-5 days inbetween. GIV crews seem to average flying 4-5 days and GV crews 3-4 days. Some see overseas every tour - others see domestic most of the time. No rule. My last 8 day tour I was home in bed all but one night - flew three days - VERY UNtypical! Any international flight you fly business or first class.

Once you arrive at a destination how long do typically stay there? Is it minimum rest then right back to the states empty, or do you ussually spend a day or two there waiting to bring more pax back?

Once you arrive at a destination how long do typically stay there? Is it minimum rest then right back to the states empty, or do you ussually spend a day or two there waiting to bring more pax back?

Once in a while min rest - but that's the exception. Always stay at destination until plane is needed somewhere else. I HAVE ferried across the Atlantic but it is not the usual routine. Usually short ferry/pax leg/short ferrry/pax leg etc.

RCA said:
But if day two consists of you sitting by the pool in a diamond studded speedo, then no.

I only stay at "clothing optional" establishments.

:nuts:

Wolf...

ps, can you pm me where I can get one of those speedo's? Its not for me of course, its for uh... a friend.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back