• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Typical NJA management and dispatch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This one is just as confusing as most of the new posts lately. Perhaps its time you guys went back to drinking the bought stuff than brewing your own!

Never been "forced" to do anything. I broke the company record with 19 write-ups at a service center for an aircraft coming out of maintenance..nobody even bothered to call me about it.

Refused to fly out of the islands at night with broken obstruction lighting at the field; never heard a thing about it.

Refused a rental car through New York City; never heard a thing about it.

Netjets is easily the best place I've ever worked at. The next time you guys think it isn't, remember you could be taking a bullet in the a-ss in Iraq for less money.

Hogprint said:
Did I say something negative? I went back for a reread to make sure??????

Don't be so quick to pull the trigger there tex.

Sorry there hog-dude...When I mentioned negative posts, I wasn't refering to you, I was speaking about the negative posts in general. My bad!

SG

Hogprint said:
Dsptchr,

If I received a release that had the dispatchers name blacked out on the bottom and had this printed:

FLIGHT DISPATCH HAS BEEN RELIEVED OF OPERATIONAL CONTROL FOR THIS FLIGHT*

What does this mean? Netjets wanted me to go, but the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe? If the dispatcher felt it wasn't safe, then why would they try and send an aircraft into an unsafe situation?

What it means is that when someone says "...it's not about the money..." It's about the money.

squonk said:
dsptchrNJA:

Quote:
We have some really quacky owners that have done some unbelievable things in flight.

OH do tell! :)[/QUOTE

Yeah man, let's hear it! This is where the thread should go. $hit, dispatch, release. Those words don't mean squat in 91/91K, unless I'm behind in my reading...which is entirely possible ;-)

OMG

If you're complaining about the dispatchers so much, then exercise your right not to pick the release out of the fax machine. Do your own release and STFU. Oh wait, I forgot... unions make you lazy.

Just do your job like the rest of us. The pilots here at netjets that love to work are getting killed out there, busting their butts, because a select few decide to be retarded...

Last edited:
Looks like the dispatcher role is just for show, based on the comments I see here from the pilots.....maybe its just "feel good" stuff for the owners to give the appearance of a safer flight....again based on some comments here Like from "IFLYOU" you dispatchers really have no say when it comes do to it...so how could any of you be held accountable for any release? Whats Ironic about this whole thing is you guys/gals are paid higher than any part 121 dispatcher where their license is truly at stake and they do have absolute operational control and resposibility for the pax safety with the PIC...Interesting turn in the industry.

rvsm410 said:
Whats Ironic about this whole thing is you guys/gals are paid higher than any part 121 dispatcher where their license is truly at stake and they do have absolute operational control and resposibility for the pax safety with the PIC...Interesting turn in the industry.

is this true? We have the BEST PAID dispatchers in Aviation?

If thats true then I think it is some BullSh!t to have someone claiming to be a Dispatcher trying to tell us we should be happy to be the best paid Pilots in the FRACTIONAL industry.

Don't get me wrong, I think our Dispatchers and flight center personnel should be the best Paid in Aviation... and so should the Pilots.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I flyOU guy...

I have filed hundreds of flight plans and prepared hundreds of releases PER MONTH while also flying over 100 hours/mo at the same time 6 to 8 legs a day... here at EJA. Did that while also cleaning and stocking the plane in between flights. Freezing my cajones off in the snow preflighting and loading bags.

Don't give me your BS.

I appreciate all the support I get from Bridgeway. Life was hell doing so much more myself in the past.

Don't tell me I am lazy. You have Never worked as hard as I have and probably never will. You do not know what it takes to get as far as I have in Aviation.

I know this goes back to yesterday's posts and I hate to be the English police, but.....

CAN WE STOP SPELLING THE WORD LOSE WITH TWO O's PLEASE???

If the nut behind the wheel (that's the pilot) isn't fully tightened, that is a loose nut behind the wheel ( two o's).

If his mental stability is in question, he's about to lose his mind (one o).

Thank you. I feel better now. Carry on.

rvsm410 said:
Whats Ironic about this whole thing is you guys/gals are paid higher than any part 121 dispatcher where their license is truly at stake and they do have absolute operational control and resposibility for the pax safety with the PIC...Interesting turn in the industry.

Sorry just to clarify.....I was referring to the Regional and some of the LCC starting salary for dispatchers.....and I know that NJA dispatchers are offered $35K to start....Airtran dispatchers start at $28K....the best regionals ASA/SKW/COM all start around $30K....most all the dispatcher salaries are listed here, and are known to be very accurate. (will dispatch for food web site) http://64.255.97.93/

The other ironic thing in dispatch salaries, are that most sup 121 cargo ops flight followers are paid more than these folks are as well....

Overall, one of my points here is that the dispatchers salaries are all out of wack just as are the other professionals in aviation....responsibility is not directly linked to pay....back-arsewards.... these are undisputable facts in todays world.

Latest resources

Back