• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot_Ryan

Tiller Twirler
Hello all,

Where can I find the official list of type ratings and the aircraft they apply to... i.e. LR-JET, CE650, etc...

Thanks!

Pilot Certificates: Aircraft Type Ratings

AC 61-89E

Go to: http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/

Look under: Information and Advisories

Click on: All Advisory Circulars (ACs)

Use the Search function for 61-89E

At the end of the AC is the listing of type rating designations.

The FAA Order 8700 and 8400 and the Designee Handbook also have them listed, but 61-89E is easier to find.

JAFI

Jafi...

I've got a question for you. The AC appears to be a bit dated. For example, it doesn't list the Gulfstream G100 type which is also issued in conjunction with the IA-1125 Astra type.

Do you know of a more current listing?

My specific question is...

Is there now a G200 type or is a GALAXY type still current?

'Sled

Lead Sled, The AC dated 8/00 is the most current that I know of. There are several other "new" aircraft not listed in the current AC. I will see if I can get an answer for you.... Allow me a day or so.

From what I can find right now:

TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA SHEET No. A16NM (8/9/02)
Gulfstream Aerospace LP, 1125 Westwind Astra, Astra SPX, and the Gulfstream 100 are the same aircraft type.​
[font=TimesNewRoman,Bold]
TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA SHEET NO. A53NM (2/13/04)​
Gulfstream Aerospace LP, Galaxy, and the Gulfstream 200 are the same aircraft type.​
Is the Gulfstream Aerospace LP under TWO Type Certificate Data sheets and what is the type designation for the airman certificate????​
I will ask...​
JAFI​
[/font]

JAFI said:
Lead Sled, The AC dated 8/00 is the most current that I know of. There are several other "new" aircraft not listed in the current AC. I will see if I can get an answer for you.... Allow me a day or so.
Thanks, I'd appreciate the information. I do know that the data plate on the SPX shows that it's a SPX, not a IA-1125. (I don't remember how the data plate on the G100s read.)

I've got types in both the Asta (IA-1125) and the Galaxy. I've been flying the SPX and G100 under the IA-1125 type rating since the begining of the SPX program. I understand that new guys are getting both type ratings when "fresh out of the box" at FlightSafety. Here in the US, it's not a problem - but there are some countries (i.e. Brazil) where they want to see a G100 type if you're flying a G100 or SPX.

With the FAA issuing G100 and IA-1125 types, I've got to ask the same question about the GALAXY and G200 - especially since Gulfstream has (I believe) officially changed the designation on what were previously Galaxys to G200s. I have no idea what a Gulfstream Aerospace LP is.

I remember that many years ago the Lears were flown on separate type ratings, but the FAA combined the types into one which covers all 20, 30, and 50 Series airplane. You just took your certificate to the local "GADO" office and they reissued the certificate with the revised rating. What is the procedure to get my certificate "up to date".

'Sled

Last edited:
Lead,

You are correct. Short answer, go to the FSDO to have your certificate re-issued with the Astra and G100 type rating and the Galaxy and G200 type ratings to your certificate. You may need to contact the FSDO that has oversight to the training facility (FlightSafety, etc.) you do your currency at so they are familair with your aircraft type.

When Gulfstream bought the rights to the Astra and Galaxy they sent a letter (around 9/2002) to the FAA requesting a name change of the aircraft listed in the (2) Type Data Certificates to G100 and G200. The FAA replyed with a letter granting this with two new type designations. A copy of the letter is not on the internet but (I'm told) as a hard copy at AFS-800 in HQ and AFS-760 in OKC. There is some serial number (SN) differences (I do not have a copy of the letter to give these to you) listing which type rating you will need to be legal to fly the specific SN aircraft. No matter, if you go to the FSDO to have your certificate changed you will get all four types for the two you already have.

The AC is to be re-issued with the 30 plus type corrections, no date yet.

I hope this helps.

JAFI

Latest resources

Back