Type Rating Funding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hack

Has anyone from Illinois tried to work this funding for type ratings? Just wondering if anybody's already figured out what the scoop is for us furloughees. Thanks

Guess I posted this in the wrong place. I was checking about Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funding posted below mine.

Call Higher Power Aviation

I was funded by the state of PA. When I first called my local WIA office in PIT I was told that they were out of money, and I was put on a waiting list. I assumed that out of money was including the whole state of PA. I met Bobby from Higher PWR at the DFW Air Inc. Told her I was from PA and was on a waiting list for funding from the state. She asked me if I called the Philly WIA office to see if they had any funds left over. I was surprised to find out that every county in PA has some type of WIA money. I called the Philly office as soon as I got home and was very lucky to get funded. The WIA office in philly told me that Higher power is the best when it comes to the WIA program. They know who what and where one can go to find the funding.

So to make a long story short call Higher Power and talk to Bobbie ( I believe she is the POC for the WIA program) 972-641-4661

Good Luck

WIA funding

Hack said:
Guess I posted this in the wrong place. I was checking about Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funding posted below mine.

Hack, check with the training provider you are looking at...FSI, SimuFlite, etc... and ask if they are approved in your state.

If so, the process should be pretty simple. Once SimuFlite was put on the NYS list, funds were transferred in a couple of days for my training.

Search the general forum for my longer post on how I navigated through the process.

Hey guys...thanks for the help. Didn't know whether to go to the state or to Higher Power, etc. for the answers.

Latest resources

Back