Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Varig

Hello fellow aviators,

I have done a search on the forum but did not find the answer. Does anybody know the process for getting an SIC type rating on an ICAO license to an FAA license?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Complete a Form 8710 and present it in person at a FSDO with documentation of your SIC type. You should have a logbook endorsement or other documentation of training. Advisable, but not necessary, is an instructor signature on your 8710. If you're transferring from an existing ICAO certificate, you should have no problem. Bring that certificate, along with a photocopy attached to your 8710, to the FSDO. It's an administrative addition (paperwork shuffle).

A related question: I've seen some job ads that require "an FAA or ICAO ATPL with a Command Endorsement." Is the Command Endorsement specific to the ICAO ATPL? So on a regular FAA ATPL, the lack of an SIC rating or endorsement is the same as having a Command Endorsement?

ICAO certificate? ICAO does not issue pilot certificates. If by ICAO certificate, you mean "certificate issued by a signatory nation to ICAO" the FAA certificate is an "ICAO" certificate as the US is a signatory nation, one of the charter members

ANOTHER FAR QUESTION!!

What is the time requirements for my first type to no carry the 25 hours soe...
I think it is 2,500 t'prop.

Thanks

(ii) The applicant must meet at least one of the following:
(A) Hold a type rating for a turbojet airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought, or have been appointed by a military service as a pilot in command of an airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought, if a type rating in a turbojet airplane is sought.
(B) Hold a type rating for a turbopropeller airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought, or have been designated by a military service as a pilot in command of an airplane of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought, if a type rating in a turbopropeller airplane is sought.
(C) Have at least 2,000 hours of flight time, of which 500 hours is in turbine-powered airplanes of the same class of airplane for which the type rating is sought.
(D) Have at least 500 hours of flight time in the same type airplane as the airplane for which the rating is sought.
(E) Have at least 1,000 hours of flight time in at least two different airplanes requiring a type rating.

Question for you guys and gals about SIC types. I have a signed 8710 from the DE for a SIC type. Is there any truth to having to get one take off and landing in the actual aircraft, before they (FAA) will issue a Temporary certificate?

Latest resources

Back