• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timebuilder

Entrepreneur
..made it on to TV this week.

One was where a guy in an Ercoupe landed on a highway. He was brought fuel, the cops closed the highway, and he was allowed to take off. No word on his conversations with the local FSDO...

Just now, FOX had a blurb about a single tailwheel in warbird paint that made a similar landing.

DOH!

There was one here in Tampa this morning. Heard a blurb about it during my drive to work.

We had one this week in PHX. The guy accidentally switched to an empty fuel tank from what the news reported. He landed in a field, they brought him some gas and he took off again. I was not really paying attention to the report, just kind of heard it while I was working....

Kathy

so how does this work? you get some authorization from FSDO to take off from a highway or from a particular field? just wondering...

Why would you need authorization from anyone to take off from a road or a field. Look both ways and then go.

Sheesh a Helio Courier, you could have landed it twice on that service road with room to spare.

They also said that it won't be taking off until at least 4 pm.

I don't believe you need any authorization by the FAA when operating under part 91, but you I do believe you need the permission of the land owner.

Latest resources

Back