Two cargo planes collide in midair, killing three

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_036193203.html

The identification number on the plane that landed safely was registered to Milwaukee-based Air Cargo Carrier, Inc. Randy Jackson, a dispatcher with the company, said the company was investigating and would make no other comment.

The planes departed Milwaukee together, were flying together and had the same owner, she said.

Each plane had three people aboard, according to a Dodge County sheriff's dispatcher.

starchkr said:
Thought i saw that they were shorts in another thread...
Yes, according to Fox 6 out of MKE, they both were the Short.

I just saw the press realease from the NTSB on the news. They were doing a final flight to test a new extended range fuel system. They were flying in close proximity taking pictures of eachother when they collided. Apparently ACC had a contract with the DOD and they were scheduled to fly the two Shorts to Iraq today sometime.

My prayers go out to the family and friends of the 3 fatalities. GODSPEED.

I just heard about this today. They were both shorts and they were the ones they were going to take to Iraq. Found out that a guy I went to school with in Central Texas was on the plane that went down. My prayers as well go out to everyone envolved in this tragedy. Sorry to hear about the loss ACC.

MONDAY, Feb. 6, 2006, 4:27 p.m.
By Tom Held

Plane crash victims identified

The three victims who died in a plane crash Sunday night near Watertown have been identified as Todd and Tracy Hagan, of Essex Junction, Vt., and Robert Chabot, of Plano, Texas.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department released the information late this afternoon.

The Hagans, 42 and 37, respectively, are believed to be a husband and wife, based on information from Chabot's sister, who was contacted at her family's home earlier in the day. Robert Chabot was 25.

Authorities reported that the two planes collided shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday near Watertown and the impact disabled one of the two Shorts 360-100 planes owned by Air Cargo Carriers, of Milwaukee. That plane crashed in a field.

The second plane and the three people on board survived an emergency landing at the Dodge County Airport in Juneau.

According to information from the National Transportation Safety Board, the Air Cargo crews were checking extended fuel systems recently added to the aircraft in preparation for service in Iraq, under contract with the U.S. Department of Defense.

Both planes departed from Mitchell International Airport, where they are based. The crews planned to fly for 60 to 90 minutes.

An NTSB official said members of the crew were taking pictures shortly before the mid-air collision.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back