Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two Aircraft Collide near Gillespie Field (San Diego)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxyWhiskey

EL CAJON – Two aircraft collided in a fireball Wednesday over El Cajon's Gillespie Field, authorities said.
There was some initial confusion as to whether one of the aircraft was a helicopter. Burning wreckage fell into at least one house in the 600 block of Hawthorne Avenue, and other parts fell into nearby streets and into Harry Griffen Park, the California Highway Patrol said.
“I happened to look up and saw two balls of fire,” said Rod Jeter, a real estate broker who was driving east on state Route 125 at the time of the collision just before 5 p.m.
“I didn't see an explosion, first I thought maybe it was somebody's (toy) rocket, but then I said that's too big to be somebody's (toy). “That's it, they both fell. The bigger one, I think, was the helicopter. They were already on fire before they hit. I've never seen anything like that before.”

Oh, no, not again!!
My condolences to those left behind.

"expermental Cessna"

troy said:
"expermental Cessna"

a) You should learn how to spell.

b) I know a gentleman right now who has a 501 with a glass cockpit he's trying to certify but is experimental now. It is possible.

Hope its not his plane.

Hugh Johnson said:
a) You should learn how to spell.

b) I know a gentleman right now who has a 501 with a glass cockpit he's trying to certify but is experimental now. It is possible.

Hope its not his plane.

Sorry about the spelling, too much wine last night.
My intent was not to say that it's not possible for a Cessna to be experimental, but that the reporters will say experimental at the first hint of a "small" aircraft wreck.

Unknown exactally, but an R-22 is being rumored.

Latest resources

Back