Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Twin Otter Pilot needed (1,000 TT)

New England drop zone needs a pilot to fly a super Twin Otter for the 2006 season. Min requirements 1000 hours total time, Multi and IFR ratings, some turbine time required. Will pay for move. 6-7 days a week. Living accommodations provided.

Call Don, 1-800-872-2488 or [email protected].

****do not PM me about this job******

Last edited:
I got an email saying I had the right stuff and to call the guy. Not 20 minutes later I got another email saying its been filled. WTF? Of course I didnt read the emails until this morning. Oh well snooze you loose.

Anyone ever get a job flying a Twin otter or Caravan type equipment for a DZ without prior jump flying? I've heard 1000TT is the min for turbines at DZ's but not sure if time dropping meatballs from 182's is a must.

I had a job flying 182's lined up for a DZ and I think they didn't specify what they were looking for. I think I had maybe 400 hours or something I don't remember.

I flew for an outfit in NY for the summer. The interview, flight eval and flight check all happened in about 30 min's. oh, did I mention I walked in with a brand spakin' new comm ticket. Just got lucky. Most of DZ don't require any meatball time. But if u got some, more better for u.

Does dropping smokejumpers for 5 years qualify???

;)

Eric

cougar6903 said:
Anyone ever get a job flying a Twin otter or Caravan type equipment for a DZ without prior jump flying? I've heard 1000TT is the min for turbines at DZ's but not sure if time dropping meatballs from 182's is a must.

A friend of mine got hired to fly Twotters without jump experience. That's about the only one I know of. I had some time flying 206's before I touched the controls of the Twotter.

Latest resources

Back