• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA 800 Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's a sale on tinfoil hats over Amazon.com. They cut the price because they have the "Y2K" logo on them.

Does anyone remember the Alitalia Crew reporting what appeared to be a missle streak by the airplane one day prior to this event. I do. It was in the news.

LIGHTDRIVER said:
Does anyone remember the Alitalia Crew reporting what appeared to be a missle streak by the airplane one day prior to this event. I do. It was in the news.

In that case, it MUST be true!

Why doesn't everyone come over to my place ~ we can chow down on the extra Spam and hard tack I've had stored in the lockdown shelter I built for Y2K and we'll discuss it further. I think I have another bottle or two of Stoli left down here as well.

And hey, there's that Brittany Spears CD I've been looking for!

How many Boeing 747's have had exploding center tanks before or since? The numbers are staggering.....I guess.:rolleyes:

From a person related to one of the TWAers on that flight. Raytheon was testing a prototype surface to air interceptor missile. The Navy had Scud from the first Iraq War that they used as a target drone. The new missile's primary tracking system failed and it reverted to heat seeking. The closest heat source: 800.
It's funny that every time you see an image of the reconstructed aircraft in that NTSB hangar you only see essentially the fuselage. No nose or empennage and more importantly no wings or engines. They claim to have recovered over 90 percent of the aircraft. If the NTSB is using this as an effective learning tool for future accident investigators, then why don't they include everything that they've recovered. You need to study every minute piece of wreckage, right?
As far as the Navy cover up, there aren't too many windows on a missile frigate. Out of a crew of maybe 350, there were maybe a handful of eyes outside, i.e. the bridge? Everybody else is deep below deck in the CIC,powerplant etc. Just possibly, not too many people to keep quiet.

Latest resources

Back