Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justin15e

All,

Is there a "good" way to turn down a job offer from one of the major airlines. I am fortunate enough to have multiple job offers, but now I have to notify the carriers that I will not be able to fly with that I will not be taking a job with their company. I'm wondering how the best way to approach this is and any advice I can use to turn down a job in an appropriate manner without burning any bridges(I realize this may not be possible).

Thanks for any advice.

Make sure that you are safely on the property and in school of your chosen airline before you send out a "no thanks" to the other carrier(s). Then a quick call, thanking the losing carriers is about all that is necessary. It`s just business, and just think, the fact that you won`t be going to the other guys opens up slots for someone else. Good luck in your career.

All,

Is there a "good" way to turn down a job offer from one of the major airlines. I am fortunate enough to have multiple job offers, but now I have to notify the carriers that I will not be able to fly with that I will not be taking a job with their company. I'm wondering how the best way to approach this is and any advice I can use to turn down a job in an appropriate manner without burning any bridges(I realize this may not be possible).

Thanks for any advice.

It's a "Fatal Attraction" scenario... once the HR hottie finds out you flew eagles... it's all over! Get used to it... it's a cross to bear!!

BBB :D

What retired guy said.

I was in a similar position. A polite phone call thanking them for the opportunity is all that's required.

Just be honest Justin and let it roll. A company that has someone with your qualifications apply will understand, although be very disapointed for your rejection of the offer.

I did it, then posted it on this site. Boy, that was a mistake because I am still getting heat from the CAL boys. I just couldn't imagine working there, so I turned them down to stay at XJT.

CAL guys jumped all over me, and they still criticize me to this day.

Big whoop! LOL

Dear prospective airline;

I would like to thank you for your interest in me recently. Although your qualifications were impressive, I will not be able to consider your job offer at this time. Your qualifications were impressive, you just were not as competitive as many of the other airlines I interviewed at.

You will be eligible to interview me again in 1 year. Please, feel free to keep updating as you become a better and more qualified airline.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
justin15e

Dear prospective airline;

I would like to thank you for your interest in me recently. Although your qualifications were impressive, I will not be able to consider your job offer at this time. Your qualifications were impressive, you just were not as competitive as many of the other airlines I interviewed at.

You will be eligible to interview me again in 1 year. Please, feel free to keep updating as you become a better and more qualified airline.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
justin15e

LMFAO!!!!

Perfect

Latest resources

Back