Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TurboProp vs. Turbojet? Who comes out ahead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
trust me... turbo prop guys bitch plenty.. that being said, I hope the majors dont discount all our hard work. I dont really know what my choice would be now-a-days if I were starting over and making the choice again between TP and Jet. Not that I ever had that choice. The previous statement was right, it doesnt matter if youve got time in the space shuttle or a John Deer trackter- It all comes down to who you know and if you can sell yourself when the time comes.

I remember back a couple of years when we sent some "jet" pilots into the Dash Sim and did V1 cuts. They rolled the thing more than 50% of the time.

Dash has glass, and takes much more positive control to keep the shiny side up than any jet I've flown.

I'd hire a TP guy flying the NE Corridor any day over an RJ wonder flying Columbus to Houston.

IMHO.

I remember back a couple of years when we sent some "jet" pilots into the Dash Sim and did V1 cuts. They rolled the thing more than 50% of the time.

Dash has glass, and takes much more positive control to keep the shiny side up than any jet I've flown.

I'd hire a TP guy flying the NE Corridor any day over an RJ wonder flying Columbus to Houston.

IMHO.

It's a shame HR departments are not as smart as you (we) are. I heard this story before and can confirm it's source, I'm willing to guess we worked at the same place. Hope all is well!

Latest resources

Back