Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
Just curious if anyone has further information as to the ongoing search/recovery efforts of the Commander Northwest AC90 that went missing between Kenai and Anchorage on July 28th. All the news sources have dried up and one of my friends was one of three on board.

Thanks

That is the first update I've seen in a couple of days. Thanks. I too knew one of those on board and have been looking for updates daily. I'll post anything new I find.

To receive the money, locators must identify the position of the plane with precision for its eventual recovery in substantially intact form, the family said.

What if it isn't substantially intact? If I see it unsubstantially intact, I'm not gonna pay for the phone call, 'casue I ain't gettin' paid.

ReportCanoa said:
To receive the money, locators must identify the position of the plane with precision for its eventual recovery in substantially intact form, the family said.

What if it isn't substantially intact? If I see it unsubstantially intact, I'm not gonna pay for the phone call, 'casue I ain't gettin' paid.

I'm sure they've choosen their words carefully so that noone will claim the money over having found just an alternator or something else belonging to that type of airplane...

it's a testimony to how Cook Inlet can make stuff dissapear. the commander was in a location where it probably could have been seen from the Anchorage International Control tower (with a good pair of binoculars) and it's gone, without a trace. Last fall, a cub crashed into the water just a mile from the departure end of RWY 32, people saw it go down, and another Cub landed next to it to try to help, and it dissapeared without a trace. The water is fast and silty, and the tides can exceed 30 ft at times; stuff just gets swallowed up.

The search has been called off. :(
Link

Search suspended for missing plane
August 8, 2006 5:21 PM The Associated Press ANCHORAGE, Alaska The search for a plane missing since July 28th -- when it took off from Kenai airport on a training flight to Anchorage -- has been suspended.
The Air Force today (Tuesday) says all potential leads have been exhausted and all areas have been thoroughly searched.
The National Transportation Safety Board says Ralph Aiken of East Wenatchee, Washington, was the instructor on the training flight. The pilot was Rick Posusta of Boise, Idaho. Ian Beer of Port Orchard was riding behind them in a passenger seat.
Searchers looked for the plane along all bordering shorelines, Fire Island and the northern shoreline of Cook Inlet.
The four-seat plane is owned by Commander Northwest of East Wenatchee.

Thanks for the link Hydro. It really is amazing what power the Cook Inlet and Turnagin Arm have when it comes to eating airplanes and never letting the families and friends have closure. RIP guys....

Latest resources

Back