Turbine PIC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fly,

This may be old news but I have a buddy who got a job at SWA last summer. The guys in his interview group all were either military IP's or 121 check airmen. My buddy was the only one who was neither and was still offered the job. But he had a huge amount of 121 PIC-T. I'm not saying that you can't get there without leadership roles. In today’s market your better off not only getting the +1000hrs PIC-T but getting some leadership quals too.

Cheers Singlespeed

Last edited:
I got hired by a major without 1000 pic turbine. Many here at AWA came on board without it, there was even a guy in my class who didn't even have 121 experience, just 135 charter ops and he got in. You definately got the turbine total time needed and all you need is someone to walk in your resume. If you don't know anyone here, I recommend attending the job fair aviationinterviews is hosting next month in PHX. From what I've heard from the last one, anyone can be sent an app by attending the fair and that'll eventually get you a call for an interview. It's a great place to work. Good luck!

singlespeed said:
1500 PIC-T is not doing me any good right now. At SWA or Fed EX you will need at least 2000 hrs 121 PIC-T and a check airman status to be in the run nowadays. My insiders tell me at Airtran you need allot more than 2500 hrs PIC-T to get a call and maybe some gray hair.

Look at what/where you want to be in 10 years and go from there. Do you want to be stuck at Lakes or on-demand cargo with 10-12 days a month off? I was looking into this on-demand but I have a family with ties to home and need more time off. Try Pilotyip he was a lot of help.

I don't want to be negative but these are the sign of the times. On the positive side things are looking up in certain areas and in a few years people won't want to go to LCC's like in the 90's.

I would stay at your current position unless you can find a company out there that can upgrade you in a year. I’ll tell you what, I’ll trade you positions you can fly a King Air and a Crustation and I’ll take your seniority number at ASA. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about the cell phone never leave home with out it

Done deal! I'll trade my 4+ year seniority number here at ASA for your spot.

601, should we rock, paper, sicors, or arm wrestle eachother to see which one of us should give him our Sr for his job?

lol I'll take bids. Oh yeah don't forget you get the phone that comes with it. Don't make any plans.

av8tor4239 said:
601, should we rock, paper, sicors, or arm wrestle eachother to see which one of us should give him our Sr for his job?

Hard to do over the computer, but I'll take rock. As in the rock scheduling uses
to crush your A$$ here at ASA! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back