Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

Hey everybody,

Soon to be furloughed here and I have the option of chosing 2 directions for my next move.

What do you guys think is better for my resume:

Flying 208s and building PIC time on single engine turbine or going back as an FO to a regional and continue building jet time?

I have about 1500 Jet time on CRJ, ERJ and 320 but no PIC turbine.

Is single engine Turbine PIC of any value when applying for majors? It might be a stupid question but they never mention in their job requirements if the Turbine PIC time has to be in a multi...

Thanks for the help

Hey everybody,

Soon to be furloughed here and I have the option of chosing 2 directions for my next move.

Flying 208s and building PIC time on single engine turbine or going back as an FO to a regional and continue building jet time?

Is single engine Turbine PIC of any value when applying for majors? It might be a stupid question but they never mention in their job requirements if the Turbine PIC time has to be in a multi...

Thanks for the help

I know Southwest requires twin turbine PIC. Good luck, you have to do what suits you best and in your position.

Trojan

I know Southwest requires twin turbine PIC. Good luck, you have to do what suits you best and in your position.

Trojan

I have heard of guys getting hired at SWA with only single engine TPIC time in agcats.

With that said it is rare but it has happened.fwiw

Hey everybody,

Soon to be furloughed here and I have the option of chosing 2 directions for my next move.........
Is single engine Turbine PIC of any value when applying for majors?
Are the majors your long-term goal. If so, why? With the state of the industry, it is a VERY valid question to ask. Just because it was an attractive career path when you started flying doesn't mean it is now. I think sometimes we get locked into decisions that were valid yesterday that aren't today.

The big life lesson that dynamic programming taught me was, "It doesn't matter how you got here. What is the best path to follow out of here?"

Choose the job with the highest quality of life and pay available. Ride that pony for all its worth then punch out of this hell hole of industry.

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the help

Just curious, what regional are you thinking of going to? I didn't think any of them were hiring right now.

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the help

I think a lot of the Fractionals are still hiring. Check out Airline Pilot Central.com and it will give you a better idea. Good luck to you.

Trojan

Some frax are, but the time in question isn't competitive. Go with DoinTime's advice, pick the job that will offer you the best QOL and pay.

Latest resources

Back