TSP falling way short

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

duece123

finally got a chance to look at my TSP "perfomance" for 2007. I have 100% of my funds in the L 2040, a rather risky fund. All it did for me was 1.89%. WTF?!?!? the funny thing is that on their prospectus, they said the L2040 fund did 7.64% in 2007. I called to see what was up and I got the run around for over 2 hours. Any thoughts?

I've never even looked at mine. I tried to get my password reset after I lost the slip of paper, I've got to jump through my ass to get back in. Yet I keep plugging several hundred bucks a month in.

The 7.64% is only accurate if you had all your money in on Jan 1st and left it there all year - then by Dec 31st it would be up that amount. If you added money during the year that changes your rate of return because many of the purchases were added when the price was higher than it was on Jan 1st.

thanks tanker that does make sense since the market started to blow at the end of the year, and I put in the same amount every month.

I moved my funds around between a combination of the S and I funds and the G fund and my statement for 2007 shows I made 18.0%. As of a few months ago, you are now limited to the number of changes you can make a month. I'm pretty happy with that. This year is a different story as my timing has been off.

Its an incredible PITA to get the user name/password reset. Everything goes through snail mail to your home of record.

Although I thought TSP was a great deal while on active duty, I moved the entire sum out of their control shortly after retirement. I am happy I did it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back