• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA's new rules for J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta love the TSA and these crazy new rules. And the guy enforcing this working for the TSA at DAL....huge earrings and black fingernail polish....and this is the guy guarding my airplane's security? A real professional

TEjas

spacecadet1 said:
Great tip about going to the SWA web-site for the pass. Out of Manchester, I was told you need a pass to get thru. I jump on United or SWA. I figure that you need to check in anyway, and this puts you on the list. The only pain is if there is a long line.

MHT is a pain in the backside. I had a few issues with the rent-a-cops there last year. At that time the TSA in MHT said you absolutely postively DO NOT need a boarding pass. It was a mandate from the MHT Airport Mgmt. Looks like things have changed again and not for the better.

I flew out of MIA on the 13th. Tried to get to the front of the line when I was stopped by the Nazi(not to be confused with aa). I was told I needed a boarding pass. I displayed said boarding pass. I only had this because I was travelling on the company back to ORD this particular time. This caught me completely unawares though. What a pain in the a@# this is going to be. Going backwards again, I love it. When I arrived in ORD and stopped at one of the local TSA shops there and I relayed my experience they surprisingly said that the MIA folks were full of sh$t. Quote; If you have a valid company/crew ID you can go anywhere. Now I am on vacation but when I go back through ORD I will see if anything has changed. But you have to love Chicago. I do think a call or email to the TSA folks is in order.

last week had a TSA granny stop me and inform me of the "new" requirement. she had never heard of "skywest" even though we operate both delta connection and united express out of that airport. i told her that if she was right, i would be back... wonder how long she waited for me....

I have come out of ATL twice since the new rule. Both times I stopped at the international check-in downstairs at Delta. Asked for a gate pass and after I explained the situation to the agents, no problem. Went to the crew/first class line and went right through. At the security check point put my stuff through and walked right on past the TSA, got my stuff and went to the gate. Both times the gate pass stayed in my pocket never showed to anyone. Lucky so far I guess. I was in uniform though if that helps.

TSA... no rules.... just hassles.

I also commuted out of ATL yesterday and did not have a problem. In fact, I would never have known that there might be a problem until I read this thread.

I just walk up to the First Class/Crew Member line, flash my crew ID at ATL's finest ticket/ID verifiers, walk to the front of any TSA check for lighters and scissors line, and then head for the Airtran or Delta gates going to HOU. No problem this Sunday but if becomes a problem that will add even more time to my commute because of having to allow for time to get a "security pass".

It is ridiculous to have to get a security pass just to go to that airlines gate to "maybe" get on that flight. I wonder which brain trust thought this would make airline flying more secure?

Latest resources

Back