Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CA1900

Big Member
I thought I had seen it all. Then I got home to KMCO yesterday, and all the doorways to the little trains that go between the main terminal and the satellites was roped off with Tensabarriers. The train pulls in, the exit doors open, and -- nothing. The entrance doors are shut, and we can't get in. What's going on?

Then I see it.

A uniformed TSA Screener goes by and unclasps the barriers at each door, then uses a key to unlock the train doors so we can go on our way.

Huh? Why are we paying a federal employee to man the doors of an automated train at a municipal-owned airport? It's slowing the train system down dramatically, and tying up a screener that could be getting back to her super-important toothpaste-search job that we're paying her for. :angryfire

Well, long story short... US customs.

When ever an international flight arrives to that concourse, the passengers need to remain segregated until they can clear customs and immigration on the land side. When the construction is complete on gates 1-29, the customs flights will go back to using that airside. This is what I gathered from talking to TSA in MCO.

Latest resources

Back