• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA to save the day, again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's swell and all. What about those arabs that I see at the local FBO paying for all thier flight instruction in cold hard cash? When every other individual I know is taking out loans, or putting thier training on credit cards?

I have asked them how they afford it, and they all seem to have very wealthy grandfathers who pay for everything. dropping $500 a day on training.

I think the flight schools and TSA should also take into consideration how these people pay for thier training. One of the suspected terrorist took lessons at the same school I did in the Chicago area...He paid in nothing but cash after every flight.

Last edited:
DX Rick said:
That's swell and all. What about those arabs that I see at the local FBO paying for all thier flight instruction in cold hard cash? When every other individual I know is taking out loans, or putting thier training on credit cards?

Well, they seem to be able to afford it. Do you want to profile now on cash payers? If they are here, they have visas and went through the immigration process. That should be enough. Actually most of the world outside the US is cash based.

I think the flight schools and TSA should also take into consideration how these people pay for thier training. One of the suspected terrorist took lessons at the same school I did in the Chicago area...He paid in nothing but cash after every flight.

So did I when I took flight training. Am I bad? I had money saved to be able to go through my training with as little interruptions as possible. Plus I got a nice break for paying cash. Gave me almost 10% discount on the training cost, that's a lot of money for private through commercial.

Most of the 9/11 guys were on student visas and at the same time on the FBI watch list. That was a BIG screw up. Read the 9/11-report. The comission had a lot to say about that.

Anyways, my point is: Apparently the DHS' TSA doesn't trust the DHS' Immigrations. So we need now two government agencies to do one job?

Latest resources

Back