• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UPSer

What can Brown do to you?
Got this from the TSA lounge.

I am currently an instructor at RAA and the TSA PFT has been offered to me. A lot of the instructors around here are undecided about PFT. For the low time guys it is a great chance but they don't want to be put out by all of their co-workers. And for the higher time guys they have worked a long time and they don't think they need to PFT. But when you are sitting at 625/70 it's not a bad option to start your dream career, I'll just run to key bank and Get my 18,000.

THIS IS FALSE!!!

TRANS STATES IS NOT PFT!!

Trans states is currently accepting applications through airlineapps.com Also the the company just sent a letter to our union stating their intention to pursue 70 seat aircraft. My buddy is in class right now. There is no PFT going on at Trans States they are agressively trying to fill the next classes.

Last edited:
Once again from the TSA lounge...

RAA offers an airline transition course which is 7000 and Going up to 9000 in jan. TSA has had a letter of agreement with RAA to interview people who have completed their program with a min of 700TT. Now in jan TSA is comming back to interview and they are going to require us to PFT. (about 18,500). The latest I heard is that they were coming for 8-10 people.

Sounds like the deal is already in place and as usual the line pilots are the last to know.

If this is the case it is just through the RAA and some sort of deal they got going for the low time guys. Maybe Im the last to know but as of Friday no one has paid for any training at TSA and they are struggling to fill the classes so I dont see it happening.

No they just got really picky, especially since a lot of them are becoming CQFO's they need like 3000 hours and now they are requiring a type rating or something like that. They are even picky with the low time non-cqfo's.
Someone did point out though that PFT is against our contract.

from tsalounge.com...

Section 11, Paragraph A.

The Company will, consistent with the applicable FARS, establish training requirements for flight deck crewmembers for initial, recurrent, upgrade and transition training. Such required training shall be provided by the Company, at no cost to the pilot.

FWIW...

I talked with RAA at the ERAU career fair - they said that they were placing alot of candidates with Colgan and Trans States through an exclusive agreement. Just fork over the money for the airline transition class and you too can have an interview....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back