• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA is laying off!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...so each security checkpoint will have to make do with only 260 screeners. I think they should still get the job done!

Hehehehehe....Yea, longer lines at airports! Yea! That will bring the airtravel levels back up! Hehehehehe!

They should be able to do the job with half of them if they would get off their asses lounging in airport chairs and out of the restraunts. Not to mention the enormous waste of time harassing crewmembers and employees.

I had some time to kill in Newark the other day and for 5 lines I counted 73 total TSA people in and about the checkpoint. That included the 1 picking his nose while bringing my shoes through the x ray.

BTW Duane, when are you going to put your foot down and say enough to the bull$hit with crewmembers? The whole situation is ridiculous.

We were in STL before the Hollidays after dropping our AC into maint. The flight was CX'd, so we had time to kill. There were TSA people walking all over the term. Talking on cell phones, eating and playing grab-ass. What a huge waste of money!

I read somewhere that the TSA has been tasked to look for impaired flight crews. So if they were in your face before, Look out now!

Just a quick reality check... I've heard that there are quite a few furloughed airline pilots working with the TSA trying to keep a paycheck coming in... I personally know a couple. So before we all applaud the cutbacks, keep in mind there will be fellow pilots out of yet another job.

Good luck to everyone...

Title 49 of the US Code of Federal Regs

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_49/49cfrv7_00.html#1500

It's not like the TSA is going away anytime soon. It's in the CFR's. You got as much of a chance of getting the FAR's to go away.

The fact that air traffic isn't brisk enough to bear out the amount of TSA's hired, is another grim reminder of how bad the industry is.

Thank you...

h25b said:
Just a quick reality check... I've heard that there are quite a few furloughed airline pilots working with the TSA trying to keep a paycheck coming in... I personally know a couple. So before we all applaud the cutbacks, keep in mind there will be fellow pilots out of yet another job.

Good luck to everyone...

Yep...another layoff. This will be my third since Sept. 11th. First CAL, then a 135 operator that closed its doors and now the TSA.

Keep cheering.

Latest resources

Back