TSA: How about a sense of perspective?

Partridge

Total Time
Well, the TSA is at it again. I have got nothing against security measures (after all, 911 wasn't a heap of fun) but a certain sense of perspective would be nice.

Okay, a list of names of no-fly people exists. So, you, as a person who deals with this at the airport come across one of these names. At which point do you decide that, well, perhaps this toddler in front of you (despite it's look of anger) is not the suspected terrorist named on the list. After all, how many one-year olds have attended terrorist training camps in Pakistan? Not too many I am willing to submit.

How about a little bit of flexibility, a little bit of bending the rules in the face of overwheliming evidence?

Or am coming at this from the wrong angle?

Read for yourself, courtesy of CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TRAVEL/08/15/no.fly.babies.ap/index.html

Last edited:

SkyBoy1981

Bring a towel!
Total Time
Sadly enough, common sense no longer exists in our country.

Tarzan

Total Time
Beat me to it.

Thank God that we have Federalized professionals out there to keep me safe from toddlers and little old ladies in wheelchairs. I have night terrors about them all the time. Friggin idiots!

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
TiredOfTeaching said:
Beat me to it.

Thank God that we have Federalized professionals out there to keep me safe from toddlers and little old ladies in wheelchairs. I have night terrors about them all the time. Friggin idiots!
Not to mention bona fide airline pilots!!!!!

Godvek

Total Time
5000+
But TSA wants to get knives and razor blades and things such as bows and arrows back on the green list. Interesting.

O

Otto Coarsen

Godvek said:
But TSA wants to get knives and razor blades and things such as bows and arrows back on the green list. Interesting.

Perhaps they're growing bored and need some "action" to occur to validate their existence.

Rediculous