TSA furlough... skywest, AWAC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skippy said:
TSA absolutely sucks. Why interview or remain employed at a company who wants to furlough when they really didnt need to. I flew with an FO who couldnt drop a trip because of "NO COVERAGE"? Well, that cant mean they are overstaffed, can it? I believe this furlough has to do with other things, most recently 2 elected union officials have gotten their jobs back, with a third awaiting his positive outcome as well. The company would rather place fear and uncertainty in it's own pilot group and not let the pilot group think the union is returning to "power" . Talk about self righteousness. Anyway, if you can get another interview, and even better, the job offer. You really have no choice but to leave. At the end of the furlough, you'd still have more seniority at your new airline then you would if you'd gone back to TSA. In fact, when they do call, lie to them and tell them you'll be back for class. When they are waiting for pilots who dont show, that's the ultimate FU&^ You to them.

Take the SIC rating and the proverbial 10K in training and RUN, there is no training contract!!!!

The grass is greener, from what i hear. AN almost 3 year FO put in his two weeks to go to NETJETS on FRIDAY, stating he would rather work for a company that is more in line with his goals. CLASSIC!!!! The hardest part is making the decision, not how much money or seniority you think you will be losing, becuase in the long run you'll be making more becuase you will upgrade quicker, but most importantly be happier.

SKIPPY

So when are you leaving?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back