• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tsa Fun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While humorous, I really doubt you had the nads to do this...unless you really don't like your job. No way would I risk my job for this prank. Folks need to pick their battles, and this my friend, is not one I will fight. Good luck, and I hope you are senior to me!

Why would this be a battle. I am not posing a threat to any one .I am not implying any thing derogotory. just a friendly little note. having fun.
Kind of like making a pa telling the pax that your C flight attendant is going to hollywood on american idol. then watch her blush.

Everone just relax.

(Before being a Fido) I personally enjoyed the prank of hiding a cucumber wrapped in aluminum foil in my pants. I would make sure I was behind the rest of the crew in the security line. After my first pass through the MD I would pull some change out of my pocket, make an excuse, and attempt my 2nd pass through the MD. I would then revel in the wanding and the beep at my crotch. The look on the rest of the crews faces was always priceless as I pulled it from my pants and happily gave it to the TSA-holes...

Another good one... Putting a vibrator (turned on) in the CAs overnight after he left his bags by the van so he could run back in and grab some breakfast. Not as foolproof because sometimes he would hear it or TSA wouldn't catch it, but still a surprise when he got home or to the next hotel. Well worth the $10 and batteries when it worked...

I thought the idea was funny. The rest of them are getting too old and grumpy.

To all.
From now on you will go to work not question anything, if you are questioned you will say what you are supposed too. Head down walk straight ahead.

Relax all you up tight freaks. What I did doesn't not hurt any one or threaten any one.

But you make all of us (pilots in uniforms) look bad. You also slow (or Stop) the security line, while they look at your bag an extra time.

I dont understand why you guys try to insult the TSA. They are there to protect you. Did you ever think that they treat us like sh*t is because your fellow pilots treat them like sh*t.

What is the point of pilots going through security screening?

No matter what screening they do, we as pilots are in control of the airplane and no matter what they do, we could potentially fly the a/c into a building. Taking away our pocketknives, leatherman tool or nailfiles is just plain silly. That nice big black flashlight will do just fine as a weapon, not to mention the crash axe.

FFDO's can have guns and do not get subjected to security searches, which makes sense, but why not subject all pilots to the same background check as the FFDO's and when that has been completed, give them identification that allows bypassing security. (Not that I think the FFDO background check is much different than the FBI check we were all subjected to shortly after 9/11)

Or how about the fact, that cargopilots are generally not subjected to the screening, is that because a fully loaded 747F is not capable of destroying a building?

Subjecting pilots to security screening is window dressing and a waste of time and resources. Either they trust us or they don't; if it is the latter, then we need to shut down air travel.

Last edited:
What is the point of pilots going through security screening?

No matter what screening they do, we as pilots are in control of the airplane and no matter what they do, we could potentially fly the a/c into a building. Taking away our pocketknives, leatherman tool or nailfiles is just plain silly. That nice big black flashlight will do just fine as a weapon, not to mention the crash axe.

FFDO's can have guns and do not get subjected to security searches, which makes sense, but why not subject all pilots to the same background check as the FFDO's and when that has been completed, give them identification that allows bypassing security. (Not that I think the FFDO background check is much different than the FBI check we were all subjected to shortly after 9/11)

Or how about the fact, that cargopilots are generally not subjected to the screening, is that because a fully loaded 747F is not capable of destroying a building?

Subjecting pilots to security screening is window dressing and a waste of time and resources. Either they trust us or they don't; if it is the latter, then we need to shut down air travel.

I agree 100%. Pilots should not have to go through security in the first place. Once we have our backgrounds checked by the airline and the FBI, no more security checks.

Not to mention the fact that a large number of pilots hold (or held) a security clearence that requires a huge background check.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back