• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA employee misconduct up 26% in 3 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never had a bad experience with TSA. Truly, we go to the front of the line, all my exchanges with them have been civil and often quit friendly and I can't think of a single negative exchange. I'm thinking it all boils down to the fact if your nice, that's what you get in return and if you want to look for trouble you can create it.
Another point, hard to say just how effective they are, but would you want there to be no TSA? Would you really want anyone and everyone to be able to buy a ticket on line and just walk onto the airplane unsearched? If there was no TSA you SWA folks would have had about a dozen onboard gun fights by now! And think how vulnerable we would be to the idiots like those little piece of craps at the Boston Marathon?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never had a bad experience with TSA. Truly, we go to the front of the line, all my exchanges with them have been civil and often quit friendly and I can't think of a single negative exchange. I'm thinking it all boils down to the fact if your nice, that's what you get in return and if you want to look for trouble you can create it.

What does me being (or not being) nice have to do with Smurf Police stealing and/or sleeping on the job?

What does me being (or not being) nice have to do with Smurf Police stealing and/or sleeping on the job?

Because if you are having problems it could be self generated.
I've never seen a TSA agent sleeping, I'm sure there have been isolated incidents , just like pilots sleeping on the job makes the news.

Because if you are having problems it could be self generated.
I've never seen a TSA agent sleeping, I'm sure there have been isolated incidents , just like pilots sleeping on the job makes the news.

I didn't say I was having problems. What I asked was how my conduct (whatever it was) caused their theft and/or their laziness.

Another point, hard to say just how effective they are, but would you want there to be no TSA? Would you really want anyone and everyone to be able to buy a ticket on line and just walk onto the airplane unsearched? If there was no TSA you SWA folks would have had about a dozen onboard gun fights by now! And think how vulnerable we would be to the idiots like those little piece of craps at the Boston Marathon?

While what you say is true.....we used to go to the front of the line with the private security firms as well.

Question for you:

What PROHIBITED items did the pre 9-11 private security screeners allow through the checkpoints on 9-11?

You do know that box cutters were legal back then and were not on the GOVERNMENT's list of prohibited items that the private screening companies were enforcing at the time.

Do you honestly believe that the TSA is doing any better of a job finding prohibited items then private security did in the past? Search on the net for the actual statistics...it's sad. The TSA is a very costly, knee jerk, smoke and mirrors solution to make the public feel more comfortable after a horrible national tragedy.

While what you say is true.....we used to go to the front of the line with the private security firms as well.

Question for you:

What PROHIBITED items did the pre 9-11 private security screeners allow through the checkpoints on 9-11?

You do know that box cutters were legal back then and were not on the GOVERNMENT's list of prohibited items that the private screening companies were enforcing at the time.

Do you honestly believe that the TSA is doing any better of a job finding prohibited items then private security did in the past? Search on the net for the actual statistics...it's sad. The TSA is a very costly, knee jerk, smoke and mirrors solution to make the public feel more comfortable after a horrible national tragedy.

So what's your beef then.....We aren't paying for it, the ticketholder pays for the privilege. Pre- 9/11 the airlines had to pay for the (lack of) security firms. I see no problems keeping them on the gubmint payroll. Although I am not saying TSA is an iron gate, they make me feel better than the old days of Sanjay barely speaking english telling me to put my bags on the belt in broken Farsi......

Although I am not saying TSA is an iron gate, they make me feel better than the old days of Sanjay barely speaking english telling me to put my bags on the belt in broken Farsi......

It's still the same Sanjay, except he's wearing a smurf uniform and gets full gubmint bennies

It's still the same Sanjay, except he's wearing a smurf uniform and gets full gubmint bennies

I doubt that...at least they screen them. So you'd rather have it back to the old days? Really???

What's wrong with the government paying bennies? At least they are working, or was that going to be your next shielded Glenn Beck inspired rant?

So what's your beef then.....We aren't paying for it, the ticketholder pays for the privilege. Pre- 9/11 the airlines had to pay for the (lack of) security firms. I see no problems keeping them on the gubmint payroll. Although I am not saying TSA is an iron gate, they make me feel better than the old days of Sanjay barely speaking english telling me to put my bags on the belt in broken Farsi......

No beef really. Just my opinion.

I don't believe that the ticket holder is bearing the full brunt of the cost of the TSA when you factor in retirement and government bennies but I could be totally wrong. Only time will tell.

After 9-11, the general public was led to believe that the private screening personnel did something wrong when they did not. This was the governments justification for forming the TSA. The problem really was the government because the dangerous items used were not on the "prohibited items" list (box cutters) and intelligence gathering was slackened in the years prior to save money.

Latest resources

Back