TSA Does It Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joe Jet Pilot

DENVER -- An airport security screener is in trouble for fooling around on the job.

In this case the security worker at Denver International Airport sent himself through an X-ray machine.

Mike Fierberg, spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration, says they have no idea why the guy did it. Fierberg adds the stunt didn't jeopardize the safety of any passengers or planes. But he says X-raying yourself is clearly not acceptable.

The screener, whose name hasn't been released, has been disciplined. Officials say the X-ray incident happened about three months ago.

The TSA guys in Denver are supposedly the worst of the TSA.... Wouldn't suprise me. About half of them got fired before they got through training when they started it up.

OK...admit it...who here would get bored enough to do the same thing. It has happened before but nobody got caught.

Thedude said:
...who here would get bored enough to do the same thing[?]
Not me! Those things ain't exactly man-rated! :eek:

Joe Jet Pilot said:
DENVER -- An airport security screener is in trouble for fooling around on the job.

The screener, whose name hasn't been released, has been disciplined. Officials say the X-ray incident happened about three months ago.

Must be nice to have a gov't union job. Can't be fired for anything short of comitting a crime.

IHF

The other day when I went through security in EWR the TSA guy standing at the metal detector was on his cell phone. He was just chatting away and all I seemed to be was an inconvenience for him and his conversation. What a joke!

Latest resources

Back