TSA could kill people.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
You're a little late on the draw. Been posted at length several times already.

captain dad

Total Time
Free
"If I haven't seen it, It's news to me!"

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
If it's any consolation, your title (TSA Could Kill People) is WAY better than the others which discussed it and more to the point!

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
Not to worry, all those involved have been promoted,,,,,,,,,

Hung

acaTerry

SAPM
Total Time
7000+
Well here's some use for this thread...bring Mr. Incredible back. That damn pirate flag confuses me!

clydefastly

Randomly Specific
Total Time
4000+
Has anyone ever seen theTSA (tub stacking administration) snooping around GA ramps/aircraft?
I never have, but would think that they have the authority to check any aircraft or any part of an airport.

captain dad

Total Time
Free
Has anyone ever seen theTSA (tub stacking administration) snooping around GA ramps/aircraft?
I never have, but would think that they have the authority to check any aircraft or any part of an airport.
There is a big push to expand the TSA and GA is in the cross hairs. I would not be surprised to see new blue shirted saviors at the larger FBOs soon. Time will tell.

dalegribble

Total Time

Yes, but usually they just try to gain ramp access. I think they can try to get into planes too.

OCP

Total Time
eh...
There is no "breaking into aircraft" I don't fly the ERJ, but the CRJ actually has instructions on the door on how to open it.

SIG600

Total Time
Sweet, I'd love to see them try and gain access to an F-18. Soooo many ways for that to go bad for them.

TWA

Total Time
The only time I've seen the TSA at the two FBOs I work at is to check our flight school paperwork, and drop of training materials. I've never seen them snooping around to check aircraft, but that doesn't mean they can't. For the most part, the GA TSA folks tend to have a bit more of a clue than the standard high school drop-outs that the every day customer gets the priveledge of dealing with.

That being said, the FBOs that I work at are on relatively small fields, where just about everyone knows everyone. Hell, one of the airports doesn't even have a fence. If someone I don't recognize is snooping around the ramp (attempting to gain entry to aircraft I know they have no business in), they are more than welcome to lay face down on the pavement with their hands behind their heads until someone with a larger gun than I have shows up. An instant crash course in redneck airport security.

FLYLOW22

Total Time
TT
There is a big push to expand the TSA and GA is in the cross hairs. I would not be surprised to see new blue shirted saviors at the larger FBOs soon. Time will tell.

Why the big push. We ARE TSA on that side of the field.

Can't you feel the love when going through TSA at the terminal?

Like one big happy team. ;)