TSA at it again - Not impressed at all

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL Flt-ops

As you may or may not know, the TSA has made it their goal to harass jumpseaters getting through security. You now have to have a "boarding pass" even if you are jumpseating. We all know that jumpseating is done at the gate, and with some airlines you never even get a ticket anyway because the jumpseat form is your boarding pass.

So anyway, I'm going through security today and I fill out a blank jumpseat form for the flight I am taking. I get to security and show the first TSA person my Airline ID and jumpseat form. Then I walk towards the X-ray machines and another TSA person asks for my ID and boarding pass. I show it to him again. Then after going through the metal detector and retrieving my bag from the X-ray machine, I am about to walk away from security when another (a third) TSA person ask for my ID and boarding pass....??????

Can someone please explain what checking airline employees for his or her ID and jumpseat form THREE TIMES accomplishes?

Truly THOUSANDS STANDING AROUND.

And just think....all those knuckleheads are getting Federal bennies and retirement. Wow. Thanks a lot, Democrats.

Chunk

PCL Flt-ops said:
Can someone please explain what checking airline employees for his or her ID and jumpseat form THREE TIMES accomplishes?
Depends. Do you happen to look a lot like Leonardo DiCapprio?

(And yes, I know I probably spelled that wrong...)

Who cares, as long as the flying public feels more safe with all of the checks let 'em do it and smile. We need to take every measure possible to get Joe Public's butt back in the seat. I know it stinks but that's the way it is now.

Wow. Thanks a lot, Democrats.

Uuuuhhhh ... someone hasn't read a newspaper lately. Republican are running the rodeo now Chief.

Minh "Flamebait" Thong

Snakum said:
Uuuuhhhh ... someone hasn't read a newspaper lately. Republican are running the rodeo now Chief.

Minh "Flamebait" Thong

You got yourself a short memory there flamebait boy.

TangoDelta21 "Who cares, as long as the flying public feels more safe with all of the checks let 'em do it and smile. We need to take every measure possible to get Joe Public's butt back in the seat. I know it stinks but that's the way it is now."

That's funny coming from someone who can't even jumpseat to begin with. If you had to take the daily abuse, you would not be singing the same tune. These checks do nothing for public comfort. They just piss off the flight crews and make the general animosity grow even larger.

FlyChicaga said:
Why let it bother you? I think there are more pressing concerns. For instance, how the sky is falling.
Or what new and improved avatar FlyChicaga will have next. :D

browntail said:
[That's funny coming from someone who can't even jumpseat to begin with. If you had to take the daily abuse, you would not be singing the same tune. These checks do nothing for public comfort. They just piss off the flight crews and make the general animosity grow even larger. [/B]

That's why I said that it stinks but it's the way it is now. And if it irratates you that much quit and make room for me or someone like me. And I also think your view over how the public views the checks may be out of focus. But this is America and opinions are just like browntails'....everyone has one:)

Last edited:
Funny thing

Anyone been through security in Rochester, NY lately? Notice those aren't TSA screeners at the checkpoints (even though they dress a lot like them)? I asked them about it the other day. Apparently they are part of a "trial" program to use contract screening companies at airports. Yes you read that correctly, TSA is looking into the possibility of allowing contract companies to do screening at airports. Weren't they created to replace the contract screeners?!

This whole thing is just plain stupid. Don't be fooled into thinking security is any better. It just has better window dressing and costs more, nothing else.

Latest resources

Back