• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotbrain

TSA is asked to take a 4 $ Pay cut!

WHO LOWING THE BAR NOW?

the sad thing is your contract is in the hands of your mec not the pilot group!

should have voted Yes!

Sniff, sniff. Smells like HoJet SCAB in here.

All the a-whole mismanagement at Trans States can do is ask. They will threaten more furloughs, but basically if they are really asking this, they are just trying to steal from the pilots. Things are not looking good for the pilots, but while they may be hosed, they definitely don't need any pay cuts. If those scum suckers in management truly need to furlough then pay cut or no pay cut they will do it and taking anything less is absolutely not necessary.

And what's with the lowering the bar crap? The pilots overwhelmingly voted down the POS extention/ pay scale that was offered for the GJ flying. Then GJ won the single carrier petition and is taking it to them now, but there is absolutely no lowering the bar going on. If they do accept a pay cut from the current rates, then say what you will and I'll agree they are lowering it because they wussed out for no real benefits since the company will furlough whatever they need reguardless of paycuts. I really don't see that pilot group cutting their own throats on this if it's real. They are in contract negotiations and the last negotiations went to a 100 percent strike vote I believe.

Asking and getting are two very different things.
I have not heard anything about this though. I'm not even sure why TSA would even ask their pilots when they know the GJ pilots would jump at it.

You should have said NO.

Last edited:
I havent heard anything about this either. Besides that I'm pretty sure that we would vote no to this as well. Don't know why HK would ask us for a pay cut when it looks like you guys will have the 145s on your certificate in the next few months. I'm sure you guys will have no problem flying them for way less than we ever would anyways.

How many total 145s does TSA have, and how many are flying AX colors? Pretty sure GJ can't fly pAAsengers around...so therein lies some leverage.

Good luck guys...

Wont happen. Hilarious information though. Now if you want to take a $4 an hour an hour paycut, pref bid will surely take care of that --- in the longrun anyway.

A 250 pay cut for FO and 500 for Capt. If everybody puts the gear down 50miles out for a month they wont dare ask for something as stupid as that.

Latest resources

Back