• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truth about Lynx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know the exact details but there is a grace period on a new certification before they can have union representation.. 1 year I believe.

Compass bought the old Independence Air cert.. so the rules were a lot different..

Most F9 pilots are actively interested in how Lynx pilots are being treated and handled, but there is not a lot they can currently do.

This is my understanding of the union rules.. however maybe someone can explain it more thoroughly..

cale

Thanks for the explanation cale.

all that, and you have to say "Shasta" 20 times a day.

Wow, where do I NOT sign up for that.

I don't have kids but health insurance for a single male is on par with any other decent company that I know of. Rates are high these days.. thats not unique to any company.

cale

How high? My current company is about $52 a month. last one was less (for more coverage)

Thats a great deal.. I think I pay around $120/month for pretty good coverage. Theres lots higher and lots lower.. but a little over 100 seems to be what I hear from a lot of people these days.(this includes lots of friends outside of aviation)

I don't know the exact details but there is a grace period on a new certification before they can have union representation.. 1 year I believe.

Compass bought the old Independence Air cert.. so the rules were a lot different..

Most F9 pilots are actively interested in how Lynx pilots are being treated and handled, but there is not a lot they can currently do.

This is my understanding of the union rules.. however maybe someone can explain it more thoroughly..

cale

The grace period is only applicable if there will be an election per-se. However from day one the pilots of Lynx could have been represented by FAPA if an agreement had been reached to do so by Frontier Airlines and FAPA.
I would guess that FAPA saw no value in pressing to that end or Frontier Airlines saw no value either. The short sightedness on both parts is unfortunate. The airline will beat the union and the union will beat the airline back and forth over issues. And all the while, Lynx will provide an excellent avenue to the left seat and pic time and a job elswhere. Unlike Airbus, Bombardier does not pay for training. So that expense will of course be dis-proportianately high and as will be the disruption level as a steady stream of guys come and go. Hope that the new guy has a cooler head and can see his pilots as an asset......

Thats a great deal.. I think I pay around $120/month for pretty good coverage. Theres lots higher and lots lower.. but a little over 100 seems to be what I hear from a lot of people these days.(this includes lots of friends outside of aviation)

Wow. I paid about that for decent family coverage at RAH, and am pissed about paying 150/mo for not-so-great family coverage at JB. They've got you thinking 120/mo for just you is a good deal, huh?

Wow. I paid about that for decent family coverage at RAH, and am pissed about paying 150/mo for not-so-great family coverage at JB. They've got you thinking 120/mo for just you is a good deal, huh?

No one has me thinking anything.. read a paper, do a little research. AVERAGE prices in 2007 for insurance were around $70 for an individual and around $320 for a family..

So I pay on the high side.. you have been lucky to have unbeleivable deals. Lots of people pay lots more than the average obviously.. you are lucky to be way below.

Tico.. thanks for the explanation of the grace period.. I'm honestly not sure what FAPA's thinking or reasons were... the current situation is what it is though.. we'll see after the year I spose..

cale

Was in Denver yesterday taxiing by and saw a Lynx pilot standing next to the belt loader tossing bags... I kid you not.

Was in Denver yesterday taxiing by and saw a Lynx pilot standing next to the belt loader tossing bags... I kid you not.
Sure you did. I believe you. You are full of sh!t.

About insurance. Who cares it is only money.

Latest resources

Back